Revert or lessen aimed shot nerf

having low pressure throughout a match outside of burst as a class that should have decent pressure in between goes like other ranged classes feels bad, especially when being compared to fire mage

that and/or just make careful aim be increased crit chance in pvp, an easy change for the tooltip:

Careful Aim

Talent

Requires Hunter (Marksmanship)

Requires level 25

Aimed Shot deals 50% bonus damage to targets who are above 70% health. Against players, Aimed Shot instead has a 50/20% increased critical strike chance to targets who are above 70% health.

this would greatly lower the ceiling on aimed shot’s potential damage in pvp, but keep it consistently high against targets with high health, retaining the gameplay this passive has always brought to mm until it was changed

I’d rather have something that let me consistently cast Aimed Shot so my damage doesn’t go into the gutter against a team pillar humping if I don’t win the lotto on Lock and Load.

1 Like

man you hunters really complain a lot

your spec is fine you aren’t S tier but you aren’t unplayable just chill out

8 Likes

Eh hunters have been a mess since legion maybe bar survival, they really just have flawed class design issues concerning pvp

I think alot of it could be fixed if they could move and cast again

hunter is severely below mage/warrior/ww/ret/boomy

like its not even close lol

9 Likes

I always thought a fun design for aimed shot, and one that would make it unique compared to anything else in the game, would be something like this.

Aimed Shot. 3 second cast. 10 second cooldown
Take aim at the target, then fire a shot dealing X-Y damage, based on how long you’ve been charging up the shot. Can be cast again to fire the shot early.

Damage would have to be balanced accordingly, but I think it’s a cool idea. If they’re about to LoS, you can fire early, doing less damage but getting the shot off. Maybe around 2 seconds, it does the damage it’s currently doing, with it doing something like 30% more damage if you get the full cast off, and 30% less if you fire it off at one second.

Again, damage would need to be balanced accordingly, but I think it would be a neat idea for an ability.

“your spec is fine you aren’t S tier”
you list all the S tier specs
fine reader you are
Instead of focusing on specs that are just fine I’d prefer they put work into either bringing the S tier down or taking the B-C tier specs up

1 Like

yea so theyre complaining they arent competitive when most of the ladder r those classes

r u trolling

My lock was insta gibbed at 190ilvl by an MM hunter. He cast resonating arrow as i went to line.

Double tap aimed + aimed into quick casted aimed arcane shot ded.

1 Like

439 Fire Mages above or at 2200 in 3v3
260 Rets
384 Warrs
198 WWs
205 Moonkins
113 Hunters

Yeah the spec is definitely A-tier, you’re gonna struggle versus the S-tier but is that a shock?
Also, a lot of your viability is screwed with Hpal in the meta. Super bursty healer with a butt load of immunities and reactive CDs is going to make a momentum cooldown getting spec have trouble. If MW, Rdruid, or Rsham was the S tier healer right now MM would be doing significantly better.

Just give wrath/cata/mop hunter dmg design

This spec is so miserable to play, doesn’t even feel good if I beat a hard matchup because it’s not really because I outplayed them but just because I’m fighting people that actually have no idea what my class does

1 Like

the gap between a tier and s ttier is massive lol

i main Rdruid
you sure you wanna explain to me how big the gap between s tier and any other tier is right now?

1 Like

yea bc u dont know what u talking abt

lmao, the game is unbelievably bad in its current state. But, spending time trying to fix a spec that is still just fine GRANTED ISNT S TIER TOURNAMENT WINNING LEVEL seems like a waste with the other issues. Also, I do not understand how or why this forum is constantly writing up changes that are on the same level of class reworks going into new expansions. They aren’t going to touch Aimed Shot again, nor are they messing with any tool tips.
Also, the comparison to Fire Mage was pretty funny. A spec that spends every moment outside of combustion licking a window trying to CC and doing pitiful steady damage.
This is new age WoW. Reroll to something S tier or shush up about it. 5 posts front page on this forum whinging about the state of Hunter.

so in ur head its better to suck it up and not want the game to be better and just accept it for what it is

That’s literally MM hunter

It’s burst window is 3 globals before the damage even starts

3 Likes

Yeah its part of realizing they’re lazy incompetent humans that think about the pvp side of WoW maybe once every year. Changes we have coming are really meta breaking changes! Can’t wait for them to be the last ones we see before the new patch!
Honestly, tweeting at them is really your only chance of this crap ever being seen. Go watch that Chris K interview. They don’t come on here hardly ever. As an example check out the MC bug we’ve had since pre-patch (and beta) that we STILL have and they’ve never bothered to fix.

Yeah, the way he has it written in the post is the exact opposite of what you and I both think. I know MM does nothing outside of cds.

I like to disarm hunters while they are casting aimed shot cause they look so confused when it doesn’t go off :smiley: