Returning Warrior Confused

I’m not sure what my deal is. I’m generally above average in most things I do (not using this to boast) but I have always been average in WOW.

I have played off and on since Vanilla. I have never really done much end game anything…especially competitive. Now I would actually like to push end game content and I find myself struggling with anything that is above brain dead free epics.

I’m not sure what to do when I see other warriors with significantly higher dps and comparable gear.

Is my rotation really that bad/inefficient? Do I really not understand what I’m doing?

I feel like I am being pulled in many different ways with what to do and a lot of stuff in not intuitive I get overwhelmed.

On top of all this I don’t really have friends to learn from. So who do you go to when you feel embarrassed bc someone who has been playing as long as I have should be better…

Might be corruption/better traits essences? Did you account for that?

1 Like

Pish-posh stats. Need crit, like alot of it.

Pure ilvl is a very poor indication of performance, these days. Let me go down the list of things I can see just from inspecting your Armory profile.

You have three of the Cold Steel, Hot Blood azerite trait. That’s good! But you only have 24% Crit to go with it. That’s bad! CSHB makes Crit scale explosively for Fury. You need to gem for Crit, you need to replace that non-Crit ring ASAP, and you want to grind your Echos to buy Severe 3 Corruptions when they come up next week.

Speaking of which, you’re not using a lot of Corruptions yet, probably because your Shroud is still low. Putting some focus on Vision runs isn’t a bad investment. It raises your Corruption Resist, and if you can get down doing 5-mask runs you’ll get a couple of good gear drops each week.

Your Essences are bad. There’s zero reason you should be using Crucible as your Major. Even Breath of the Dying is better in that slot, and I can see you have that at R3. Finishing the grind to Blood of the Enemy R3 would be the best. You should got to Raidbots and use the Top Gear sim to see what your best Essence combination is.

Your gear is still kind of uneven, with low spots like your OH weapon and that trinket. Upgrading those is a high priority. Especially that trinket; the current one isn’t just low ilvl, it’s just plain bad, and that’s a double hit.

So don’t lose heart. You’ve still got a lot of room for gear improvement if you just keep at it. As for rotation issues, for that we need logs for our rotation experts to break down. If you can link some of those I’m sure someone here will be willing to take a look.

1 Like

Just a heads up, you have 1 week from today to save up some echoes to by Severe III from the vendor so get to grinding.

Just looking at when you posted before, and I what I wrote then, not much has changed.

Every word of that still applies.

Truer words never spoken. Your cloak is still level 6 with 20 corruption resistance while the rest of us just upgraded to 92 corruption resistance this week. Literally 72 points of corruption just drowning us in Critical Strike rating and not a point of ilvl. Level your cloak, farm echoes, buy Severe III’s. Like 4 of them at least, seriously.

Double-tapping this. That trinket has gotta go, it hurts me to look at.

As I said in the last one, you’ve got rotation issues you need to work through as well. Until you start using BotE major as we’ve advised though, I really don’t want to waste time going into an in depth log review.

Aight everything everyone else said is hella good, where I can help after you fix what they pointed out is your rotation, get some Heroic logs or normal logs and ill be able to point out if you are messing up your rotation and give you tips as to optimize your play.

I appreciate everyone’s feedback especially the ones that are being more specific and telling what is wrong and where I can find the solution.

Already changed the ring and essence around.

already looking like a solid base for a transition to arms. if you cant afford a good chunk of rank 3 crit corruption just save for the haste ones fill in your gear with full haste crit and get a vita from raden. get 3 test of might traits then full stack haste boom big arms warrior dps and the superior spec

I had hopped on arms for a little bit and was enjoying some of it but want to try and a bit better with fury first. After I am better at fury I would like to try out arms.

I have made several adjustments with my fury items/essences. I am still working my rotation with new key bindings so it can get overwhelming quick.

I’m trying to figure out the most efficient way to have my key bindings/macros set up, once I get that down I think I can see a good improvement with DPS. I feel like, just being more aware I have already seen an increase.

I also just installed weak auras…what I’d like to do is have the weakaura of my character and the enrage buff on him so I can see the when it’s on/off easier.

If you’re looking to use weak auras to improve your ability to track the critical components of your rotation, I recommend giving the Luxthos package a try.
https://www.luxthos.com/weakauras/warrior/
Among the many other things it does is track enraged status.

I have just installed everything, was a bit confused/overwhelmed last night.

This is my first time with WA and so when I open WA…as far as customization…there is a lot going on.

As far as warrior specific macros…I do have some questions or wondering if anyone has stuff they made that they enjoy?

Is it possible for me to macro reck/charg/vic rush on one button? Here’s what I’d like.

/cast Recklessness
/cast charge
/cast victory rush

So as I press my key I open with Reck, press again, I charge in, press again, I am to use victory rush.

It seems like there is a macro I’ve seen with charge and victory rush but no recklessness…is this not doable?