Returning to WoW after several years... and I have SEVERAL questions!

Hello! This is… different for me! I’ve always loved playing world of warcraft back when I was a kid, it was a real escape for me from school and the real world. I had to quit playing around the release of cataclysm due to the fact that i WAS a kid!
throughout those years I never stopped thinking about the game, the fun i had, the people i met. I loved watching all the duels that would happen in goldshire, not to mention the holiday events! i missed it… So now I’m back!

I’m trying to make this post an introductory about myself while at the same time trying to get to the point lol! I’m hoping that now that I’ve returned to the game I can become more well acquainted with the community that I love, so I’m hoping I’ll make more forum posts in the future, or join in on others conversations!

ok ok, enough about me, let me talk about the game!
Soooooo I noticed that when I came back into the game and logged in for the first time in YEARS my main character was gone, which is fine I kinda expected something like that… buuut I remembered I had an exclusive pet, a polar bear… THIS GUY TO BE IN FACT! I see that I don’t have him on my account anymore and that kinda made me sad :frowning: . If you guys know of any way to get him back or if he’s gone for good please let me know! I would love to have him return!

So yeah, everything I once had is gone to me, which again I’m ok with, except for my polar bear… but either way I was wanting to start fresh anyways! So now my main is a druid and I’ve been having fun!

ok, i feel this post is rambling a lot and I have things I want to ask but don’t know how to segway into them so I’ma just fire them off now…

Why has the skill trees been removed with this simple PvP level system? I remember spending tons of points in 3 different skill trees and they seem to have just ditched that for something automatic… THATS ANOTHER THING! Why is everything so automatic these days? auto looting, auto leveling, auto learning and setting spells, heck I saw that one of the goblins feats is to plop down a mobile bank! so auto banking?! seems like laziness has succumbed to this game.

Why are there no more PvP servers and what is this arena that my account doesnt seem eligible for?

has the world gone back to normal since cataclysm? I know a lot of areas had several biome changes from that expansion pack, but when I see stormwind I notice the entrance isnt destroyed anymore, so is the game back to normal?

WHY ARE THERE NO BOATS?! whats with these portals at the end of docks to go places? it just seems like a odd replacement to me…

are the hoard winning every PvP game still? maybe it was just me, but every blood gulch and altarac basin game I played the Hoard always won, maybe I just sucked, or maybe the sides were unfair… idk, I was a casual player then, got a sweet cape from those games though!

sooooo… I think thats all I got in mind right now… don’t know how all this works. I’ll just post this and see what happens, if I get yelled at for posting in the wrong place, my bad lol! Either way, this was just me trying to introduce myself to the forums. I hope that I’ll be a very active member and make some good friends through this! hope to speak to you later!

Hello Seymoure and welcome back!

You can try the steps listed in this link:

I would for sure open a ticket about anything that got ate by the system while while you were gone. There’s nothing wrong with trying.

Welcome back!

The whole talent thing has went through a few changes since then. Basically you can pick the more non cookie cutter stuff via azerite traits available (from certain pieces of gear you collect as you play) both in PvE and PvP. There’s more custom stuff with PvP traits but they only work in PvP or out in the world with PvP on which leads in to…

They did away with PvE and PvP servers. Now you just select wether you want to PvP or not via the talent menu for PvP traits. For quite some time it was really bad with servers being way out of balance faction wise (and still is… We are on a horde dominated one) but with nothing to do about it unless you wanted to pay for a faction change or server transfer for all of your toons. I think that’s part of why they did that (at least I hope lol)

The portal with no boat is because teldrassil got burnt down by the horde in the lore. You can take the portal to the mainland darkshore and talk to the Bronze Drake (speech bubble on your map) to phase back in time to go back if you like (and then talk to her again to go back) for high level darkshore is like world quests and stuff now. So are a few other areas. As you do the quests by the Boralus boat with all your followers and things at max level you’ll find them.

Hrm what else. You can still queue for the big battlegrounds, it’s just under “epic battlegrounds” option in PvP group finder. I guess since people got tired of them coming up when they did their weekly battleground quests or whatever.

A lot of the weird racial stuff was added for flavor instead of actual like class/race fantasy like the goblin thing you mentioned. A big thing the last 2 (maybe 3?) Xpacs that was talked about by the devs was “play your way” like having stuff like the mobile guild bank and such I suppose to make quality of life better. The different levels of dungeons were included in that idea. You might not see it as laziness when you have to grind out Pathfinder Part I and II to get flying on top of professions and farming items and mats, some of that random stuff like the vendor mount does make it go by easier when you have no choice but to run on your mount everywhere.

Can’t say the horde wins always now. We have winning streaks a lot, plus there is always the option in the PvP group finder to join a premade group to queue battlegrounds and be a bit more coordinated. :slight_smile:

Edit: Typo

1 Like