Returning to the fold after a 5 yr hiatus

I’m pretty sure no one will remember any thing about me but I used to play and had started on this server back in 08’ during BC. I took a long term hiatus for mental health and financial reasons and am trying to get a solid idea of how much the community has matured and changed since my untimely departure. I doubt anyone that might possibly remember me browses the boards, so I’m looking to you, Moon Guard community forum posters for a bit of direction and advice.
I have a literal army of night elves that may be looking for guilds to join, however I admit, my time playing is limited to one day a week, due to lack of internet access at home and playing on the go with a personal laptop that’s about as old as a kindergartner. I have a fiance’ and a 4 yr old son that keeps me on my toes most of the time so I admit to having a short attention span, or alt-tabbing to keep track of my boy. I am a heavy roleplayer, with an interest in progression, though with my time being as limited as it is, I’m only able to make some efforts to push into content, though not current expansion. (I’m only upgraded to legion, I apologize, but money is tight at home and will be for sometime yet to come.) I play many different classes and am currently learning the demon hunters capability and skills. I’m vastly familiar with the night elf lore, history, and story lines as well as high elf and sindorei lore though I barely play the horde but to check on my characters once in a blue moon every fifth friday of the month. (If that at all.)

So what can Moon Guardian’s tell me about the community since 2013? Has it grown, gotten stale? Reborn with a boom of roleplay? Feed me details! I’m most curious how things evolved since I left for a time. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i started playing here in 2012 and i’ve been here ever since…

community has always been friendly for the most part, the whole roleplaying vibe makes me feel like im playing an rpg game.

ive yet to officially roleplay, but now and then i’ll toss out a “greetings” or a “hail, friend.”

1 Like

This is actually really relieving to hear. I never quite felt at home at any other server, and the community here always had a welcoming vibe from the very start. It’ll be a pleasure to rp with you sometime, Khad. I’m sure it’ll be fun to run into you sometime. :smiley:

1 Like

haha, sure thang! i have yet to officially RP, like I said before, but I’ve done some acting in real life so maybe one day i’ll give RP a shot.

to frostbolt or not to frostbolt, that is the question…

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve met you. BUT, you are home now, welcome back.

1 Like

Why thank you, I’m most pleased to be back. (I got a lucky Thursday away from the house, yay!)

Welcome back.
MG is still one of the most - if not the most - active RP server, and there’s still tons of RP happening at all times. Naturally, uh, avoid goldshire unless you’re into that sort of thing, but there’s plenty in Stormwind to have.

1 Like

Oh yes, I’m well aware of Goldshire, I was here playing when the mass migration happened and caused that blackspot to happen in the first place.
resets the Goldshire mention counter to 0

2 Likes

My sympathies. I’ve never seen it healthy.

Lol, trust me, it was at one time a sweet spot to just kick back with an ale or mead and just chill with friends. It’s sad how far people have taken it though.

1 Like

Thankfully, the pubs in Stormwind are still usually alright. Blue Recluse for most stuff, Slaughtered Lamb for your darker stuff, Pig and Whistle for a tougher crowd, Golden Keg for… well, the Keg is cool. We used to have a regular bartender there, Jake Fletcher, but he hasn’t been on lately.

1 Like