Returning Player

Hello all,
I have played wow in the past but have taken nearly a 4 year hiatus at this point. I have a level 50 Warrior it seems, a 45 Mage, and a 40 Druid. Posting this to ask the consensus on what would be worth playing if I were to return to the game at this point.

If you’re looking for a broad playstyle & utility, I would recommend Druid.

Ultimately, I would play each for a day or so & then choose which one you like most.

If you only like melee dps, and a possible tank option, go warrior. If you only like ranged dps, go mage which has 3 dps specs. If you want to have a mixed bag with all roles including heals go druid. The more specs you play on a class the more variety and nerf protection. Leveling is so fast try them all

The classes skills/talents all changed last week so there is no definitives on whats good yet with frequent nerfs and buffs. Check out the Icy Veins class guide rotations and talents. Watch some you tube videos. There are also individual sections on these forums for every class.

As fast as leveling is now, I’d get the druid and mage to 50, and then just play around with all 3 during the pre-patch. (Heck, if you’ve got time, you can even level some more classes.)

Something to keep in mind is that if you’re a story person, each of the 4 covenants are going to have their own story. So, the easiest way to see all 4 is going to be to have 4 different characters.