Returning player with a few questions

Hello all,

I have come back to WoW after a 5 year break ,and I just wanna clarify a few things to make my life easier. I’m sure these questions might have been ask a thousand times before, but I’ve been awake for 29+ hrs and my brain is mush, so here we go.

1. When using chromie time is there anyway to “Hop” around. eg start in WoD setup the garrison, then go to Legion start the class hall and then finally level in BFA/SL?

1a. If I’m unable to do so how hard is it now to go back a start the quest chains to unlock said content after leveling to cap.

1. I am looking to get these items : Arsenal: Armaments of the Ebon Blade and Arsenal: Armaments of the Silver Hand. What would be the easiest way as of now to get them.

2. How hard is it to re-run older dungeon and raid content after the level squish(WotLK thru Legion)?
    I plan running a DK, Druid,Hunter and Pally for sure as of now.

Any way thanks for the input and I am off to rack a few hours of shut eye before no-life kinging WoW.

Yes sir. Just go to Chromie and change it up. Mind you, you’ll be kicked from chromie time at (I believe) 50, but you can continue in the regular timeline.

You go up to the mission boards in Orgrimmar/Stormwind to start the quest chains.

Those are located at the Broken Shore in the Broken Isles, part of the Legion expansion. I don’t think there’s a reputation grind for it for those items. You will have to unlock the Broken Shore. I believe this is a quest chain started by Khadgar in Dalaran once you hit 45. See here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/53340
You collect nethershards by doing the WQs in that area. look up on wowhead for nethershards farming if there’s something more optimal, since I cannot recall

At max level 60, everything up to legion raids is soloable. Legion raids are in a weird spot and you may want to look up solo guides. BfA dungeons are soloable, except for some places that require mechanics from two people.

As Irrenhaus said, you can just talk to Chromie to swap which expansion you’re set to. However, it may not be necessary.

Once you turn Chromie Time on, all the leveling content will scale up to 50, even those you didn’t select. (So, you can pick Wrath, but the WoD stuff will also scale to 50.) Which one you have chosen just affects which dungeons you see in the dungeon finder.

You can pick up the various expansion starter quests from the Hero’s Call/Warchief’s Command board. That’s independent of Chromie Time, and will show the same stuff no matter which expansion you have selected for Chromie Time, or even if you don’t have it on at all. You do sometimes have to “dig” for the starter quest you want by picking up other starter quests and abandoning them once you get the one you want.

For WoD, the starter quest you want from the board is “Tanaan Jungle.” For Legion, it’s “Broken Shore.” For BfA, it’s not on the board itself, but picked up from the Herald NPC standing next to it.

Awesome thanks guys. now the really fun part finding a new server and get to leveling.