Returning player, what faction?

I am returning after a decently long break and I am wondering what faction to roll with. I’ve wanted to do a fresh start on a new server but not sure what faction I want to pick yet.

I’ve leveled two toons one on each side on random servers to get a feel and I enjoy them both equally.

Here’s what I am looking for.

Good community, a faction and server I can join and free welcome with very little toxic players

Quick grouping. I am limited on time to play so being able to get groups fast would be a benefit.

Higher end raiding. I don’t plan to ever been cutting edge but I would love to be able to get into a guild or do pugs for heroic clears and mythic runs regardless of clearing or not.

I know it’s personal opinion and most likely just comes down to a toss of a coin but what would you all recommend or do if you were in my shoes.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Horde is the answer to all those

8 Likes

My advice? Make a character on both. Play whichever atmosphere and style appeals to you.

Lots of people will say Horde because that’s where all the good guilds are. If you’re super into PvE and Mythics (and winning in PvP), do that. It’s a valid view to have and sounds like what you want.

The Alliance has no special selling point for PvE, other than Shadowmeld being very valuable. For PvP, you might pick Alliance because it will have faster queue times.

But if you just want to play to play… give both a shot and follow what interests you the most. One will naturally dominate your playtime, and that’s the choice for you.

3 Likes

I don’t think you’ll find a not terribly toxic server and lots of mythic prog in the same place.

1 Like

Horde no question

I am totally, one hundred percent biased when I say Alliance!

:four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Horde is better for raiding as it is more populated. It also has a higher pvp win % in pugs but with longer queue times for bgs. In my experience playing both sides for years, horde is more toxic and has more elitist players.

Alliance has shorter pvp queues but lower win %. For the raiding scene there is generally more pugs willing to accept noobs on alliance side. Community is generally less toxic.

For regular dungeon queues, both factions have the same queue times generally. I’ve never noticed a difference.
For mythic+… people are going to be a little mean and elitist regardless of faction. Find a guild on whatever faction you choose and run with them.

Pick what you like cosmetically honestly. Both sides are equally fun.

1 Like

horde is the best

Make your Demon Hunters and Deathknights now. So they are a higher level on conversion.

I’m not 100% sure on this. While I agree try hard players are mostly toxic from what I have heard I don’t know if everyone is like that. I guess I haven’t played in a while or at that level for a while to be 100% sure but if that’s true. That sucks! Lol

I would for sure want an easier time raiding and getting dungeon groups together. Horde feels right for that but I like the look for alliance better so it’s a tough choice.

1 Like

Alliance tends to be more casual and horde seems to be more hard core - not that either side mixes things up from time to time but that is the general layout of each faction.

alliance

horde

horde too

It really is, which is why I maintain characters on both factions. My preference is Alliance, and the majority of my character are there and I love it. I do still adore my Tauren Shaman though, he’s amazing.

1 Like

You sir are always so friendly - every time you post! thank you for that - side question for you - how is wyrmrest accord - is RPing required?

i have seen a lot of horde and alliance from that server so i might make that my home.

2 Likes

Well thank you for the compliment, I appreciate that!

I really enjoy WrA as a server, there is such a sense of community and friendliness. We have our bad apples, the same as any bushel, over all I tend to notice more players willing to help build each up, instead of tearing down.

RPing is absolutely not required, in fact I only role-play now and then. I use the add-on TotalRolePlay3 to help flush out my characters and read the profiles of others. Because WrA is known as a RPing server, I have a higher chance of engaging in RP when I want to, as opposed to a non-RP server.

So long as you respect role-players when they’re in-character, such as giving them space and not trying to be a nuisance with toys or mounts, they will treat you with respect right back!

I also play across Moon Guard, Emerald Dream, and Earthen Ring role-playing servers.

If you want Alliance-heavy, Moon Guard is fantastic.
If you want a focus on PvP, Emerald Dream is great.
Earthen Ring is quiet, you might not see a soul for hours. There is a whimsical charm to playing there.
Wrymrest Accord is more balanced, faction-wise, overall. A slight edge to the Horde though.

I hope this has been helpful, and if you have more questions about RP servers, please ask and I (and others!) will do our best to inform you.

1 Like

Thanks sir - i again really appreciate it!

1 Like

Stormrage server has the most Alliance players, Area52 has the most Horde.

1 Like

Wow is not your game then, sorry to inform you.

Servers don’t matter anymore unless you plan to push mythic raiding at the start of the tier. Server communities are a thing of the past.

Horde.

Horde.

I personally only have horde characters, but that’s because I really enjoy the races. I don’t think I’ve had a problem with toxic players or finding groups so far!

I’d be lying if I said I haven’t thought about dipping my toes and trying out alliance for the Dark Iron Dwarves! I think picking the right server, whether you go alliance or horde, will help a lot as well.

Good luck out there!

1 Like