Returning player ISO one night raid

Hey All,

Long time player (13+ years raiding) here searching for a bit of a unicorn, but figured I might as well give it a shot.

I’m in my 30s with a family so don’t have as much time for raiding anymore. I’d love to find a group to eventually get back to raiding one night per week (mostly AOTC experience). More importantly, though, is a community that doesn’t treat it’s members as resources to down bosses and then mostly disregard otherwise.

While I want to get back to raiding, I’d prefer to start as a semi-casual joining for mythic+ etc. and then join for raids once the newborn has a more solid schedule. Hopefully get to know some people and contribute in other ways until then.

tl;dr:
1.) One night per week raiding, likely gearing myself until next tier?
2.) Good community with people who like each other
3.) I can bake
4.) Can play rogue, shaman, priest at a pretty high skill level
5.) Horde preferred, but willing to transfer for the right community

Cheers

Hi there Vythes :slight_smile:

In our community, we know RL comes first - so attendance is not mandatory for raids. But in addition to our regular raids, we also have Open Raid on Sundays (one day a week!) where raiders and non-raiders (this is a really good practice for those who have wonky schedules or who have been nervous about stepping their toe into raids). We run M+ regularly - seems there’s always someone posting keys in gchat to get groups going.

Anyway, if you’d like to know more, check out our info post:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ausproudmooreevolved-18-community-recruiting-all-classesroles-for-shadowlands-fun-friendly-atmosphere-710h-cn/426989

GL on your guild hunt!

1 Like

Hello! While our guild Junction does not have any openings on our mythic raiding team, we do run an alt night on Saturday where we clear normal (and eventually heroic). We also have a ton of members who are constantly pushing keys!

If you’d like to learn more, go ahead and add me on bnet and we can talk! Professoroak#1732

Hey there Vythes,
Always a pleasure to find highly skilled long time players such as yourself to kinda play semi-casually. We’re a Horde guild on Firetree looking for a few good people such as yourself. We’re and older crew with families and other responsibilities. We’ve been raiding together since Vanilla. We’re not hardcore but always hit AOTC at least. We had our first raid last weekend as people were still coming back but managed to clear Nathria on Normal, so 10/10N gonna start Heroic soon. Our raid times are Sat/Sun 6:45-9:45 EST. If you’re interested you can hit me up Battle tag - Doja#1897 and Discord - Doja#3442 Thanks and have a good one!

Hey, we are horde and raid Sunday’s 6-10 PM EST
Add me on discord: Neil#4199 would love to talk to you

I’m raid leader for an Alliance-side group that raids Normal/heroic weekly, currently at 8/10N with eyes on clearing AOTC up to heroic. Specifically not a Mythic progression guild and specifically look to keep to a smaller raid size (10-14 people).

That said, we’re adults on our end as well, raiding around collective work schedules and an all-purpose “if you can’t raid tonight, we’ll see you next time” kinda thing. Most of us have been raiding together or gaming together for years, all having met through WoW and came back specifically for this expansion and a more easy-going approach to raiding (though Mythics/PvP happen throughout the week as well).

We’re definitely on the more laid-back, nerdy side, but specially not toxic/elitist or any of the negative bs you find in a lot of “progression” guilds. We have a roster full of male and female players, couples and members of the LGBT community, so that kind of behavior is not tolerated. We’re here to have fun with a smaller, close-knit group, period.

Our schedule is 1-2 nights a week depending on work schedules and availability, usually Fridays/Sundays.

If you’d like to talk, let me know!

Battletag: Chaoswhite#1873

Hi there!

You honestly sound like a great fit for our guild! I don’t do the whole copy/paste spam thing as I actually read each person’s desires before I post.

We raid one night per week- Thursdays 8-11pm EST. Many of us are like you and have years of raiding experience, but have children and jobs. The raid leader has toddlers, myself and the GM have a baby due this spring plus a toddler, and many other members have kids ranging in ages. We do like to be serious during raid since it’s only 3 hours per week, but we get that IRL comes first. We are starting an optional/pug night so we can help gear folks and get them into heroic… but it’s TOTALLY optional and just for fun or and easier way to gear alts/main switches/new and returning players. Our goal is AOTC. We are currently 10/10 N and 3/10 H with only 1 night on the heroic bosses. Casual players doesn’t mean bad players in our guild! We also provide flasks, food, armor kits, enchantments, and gems… so you don’t have to worry about spending your spare time farming gold. We have a lot of fun and there’s always someone playing, doing mythic plus, torghast, playing alts, etc on off nights! We often will play other games when there is a lull in content :slight_smile:

Please reach out to me if you are interested!

Discord- Ginger#4097
Bnet- Ginger#11911

Thanks everyone. I’ll do my best to reach out today when I can

1 Like

Hey there Vythes. I’m the GM of a casual raiding Guild,Aliiance on KT. We only raid on Sat from 6m-10pm pst. Would love to see ya there, lmk Brunist#11691

Hey, we raid Sunday’s 6-10 PM EST
We’re on horde bleeding hollow
Add me on discord and we can have a quick chat to see if we would be a fit for you
Neil#4199

Hey there, my guild “intricate” on Hyjal is recruiting. We currently raid two nights a week from 6:15PM - 8:45PM PST, but would love to have you for one night a week. We are a group that has been raiding for about 10 years together on and off, and are all older and busy now! If you wouldn’t mind coming a night a week, this could be a good fit for ya. Let me know if you want to talk further, my btag is lostronin#11226

Hey buddy we are a chill guild building up towards raiding, I am 28 myself with 2 kids and a new born so I know what the family life is all about bro lol, we are a social community and usually are on VC in our discord. Check us out!

Guild & Server: Alliance - Blackwing Lair, Dethecus, Detheroc, Haomarush, Lethon, Shadowmoon
Type of Guild: Social/M+/PVP/Raid
Recruitment Contacts: Bhorsky#1635 on Discord or Horskyy#1520 Battle.net / ITZD33zxNuTz#1213 Battle.net (Officer)
Wowprogress: Still fresh
Requirements: No requirements
Needs: We need people to start doing mythic dungeons and then raids. Would like to do cutting edge if possible before season ends.
About Us: We are a newly formed guild who are chill asf and a good group of people, we are open to all members and we are ready to start doing dungeons/mythics/pvp but we would like more members. That being said everyone is welcome there is no strict rules and you are not forced to raid, etc. We are a social guild as well.