Returning player--Gear& PVP Q

1v1 you’ll get rolled vs anyone 420+ ilvl but if you stay with your team and play a support role your gear shouldn’t matter too much.

2 Likes

hmm ic ic, thanks again for that info.

last question, is there a fast way to get 420 ilvl?

Had this BG the other day:

https://imgur.com/a/pE8EvGa

That spriest is 391 ilvl. You can definitely do well, depending on your team ofc. Won’t be #1 in kills and damage, but at that low ilvl, you shouldn’t expect to be.

1 Like

Go to Nazjatar and do all the mana pearl quests you can. Gives you a base 385 gear, can be upgraded to 420. Also need to do those quests if you ever want flying. And cap CP in between using BGs/assaults/chest drops.

2 Likes

Gear mostly affects your survivability (especially) and damage done/healing done.

In bgs your higher healthpool is probably the biggest benefit that you get from wearing higher iLvL gear… just makes you more durable in teamfights (bigger healthpool = can take more hits before dying).

Beyond gear, good azerite traits and maxed out essences are also pretty noticeable. Someone with no essences versus someone with maxed out essences is at a disadvantage.

Honestly getting gear is so easy as long as you run M+ somewhat regularly, the real grindy part for a returning player (like you) is the essences. For a returning player I would just focus on getting gear, and just settle for whatever welfare essences are easiest to get.

I have 440+ toons that still have green azerite essences, I just can’t be bothered to do the same grind a 3rd, 4th, 5th time… it’s awful :-1:

1 Like

Just saying…hasn’t changed

tbh i wish we had pvp vendors back. As a pvp player, i honestly don’t enjoy end game pve content.

Leveling content is fine as long as its fast pace. Some games make the experience nice and beautiful, but when the grind often ruins the experience. As for pve… i can’t endure it lol.
WOTLK was perfect/ fav expac for me =/. Main reason im on and off, and i don’t see new expac addressing anything pvp related. At least, hopefully, talents and classes are much more unique and diverse…

6 Likes

Find some rated BGs, they have a nice catch up. Just won one and got 225 CP. 3 wins will cap you and you’ll get through to 430 gear in no time.

How does that work? I never really got to do one since im so off and on, do you need like a premade team for that?

Yea, look in premade groups. Might be hard to join one, maybe start a yolo group.

1 Like

thanks for all the info guys i really apperciate it. i think im good for now, anymore and i might just want to stop playing before the month ends lol. rip

The good news is gear is getting “reset” in 2 weeks with the next patch, so I wouldn’t stress too much over it. I believe the catchup/welfare gear is getting bumped up to 415 as well.

Of course, it doesn’t hurt to get a head-start on gear during the first 2-3 weeks of 8.3

People are much less picky about who they invite to PUGs during the early weeks of a patch. So keep that in mind… later on in the patch people tend to become more picky with who they invite.

gear reset and catch up gear, can you explain more of that if its not a bother? thanks!

1 Like

Sure…

Gear reset = when the new patch goes live on January 14 the gear item levels from doing content will start to increase across the board by 30 item levels.

For example, a Heroic dungeon currently drops 385 loot, but when the patch goes live it will start to drop 415 loot. A mythic 0 dungeon currently drops 400 loot, but when the patch goes live it will start to drop 430 loot. And so on and so forth.

Catch-up gear = “bind on account” gear that you can buy with some new currency, I believe it’s either 400 or 415, not sure since I don’t really pay much attention to catch-up gear (don’t need it). Probably works the same way as Benthic gear from the current patch, if I had to guess.

1 Like

The only gear you can “buy” is Benthic gear. It starts at 385 ilvl, but you can upgrade it up to 420. That’s just targeting world quests for mana pearls in Nazjatar.

My opinion. Far too much PVE in this expansion for PVP. I see a lot of players with Mythic 10+ gear etc in random bgs. If dungeons is your thing you will love that. You can get to a reasonable enough level doing pvp, but pve is where it’s at if you want to be real competitive and that is a travesty.

I saw a Blue reply to someone in the last few days saying the devs care about PVP, this expansion I have still to see it. Ion Hazziwhateverhisnameis, does not listen to the PVP community one bit. There is never a panel for PVP at Blizzcon for the normal regular player, for me that shows how much Blizz care about PVP.

5 Likes

i would say this is spot on. i also believe the gear is 415? if you fully upgraded the naz gear that should still be better

World boss gear i think is going to be 440 as well

So once the patch comes out we should be doing:

• world boss weekly
  • m+ dungeon weekly
  • visions weekly
  • warfront weekly
  • conquest cap
  • 3x reroll keys

Is there anything else I’m missing that we need to do every week?

You can pick and choose what to do, like now.

i agree, thats why i havent preorder expac yet and why i wont pay another 15 bucks for a while lol.

i got on and this is how i feel right now.

Classes feel boring, not as unique as WOTLK. Everything kinda feels the same. I don’t really feel much of a different in my caster classes < range/ caster player>
Low amount of spells

too much PVE! way too much! No actual pvp content and initiatives. no pvp vendors!

way way too much grind!

3 Likes