Returning player from 8.1, is now the time to level alts or to gear up?

Basically title. Will my efforts to gear up right now be for nothing when 8.3 drops and ez catch up gear is available?

Depends on what you want to do. Do you want to get into early raid progression or are you into more casual content?

1 Like

For now, you’re better off grinding out your reps in Naj and Mechagon to get flying, and then just do your daily WQs and switch to an alt. Until 8.3.

That’s basically what I have been doing.

1 Like

Depends on what you want to do. Do you want to get into early raid progression or are you into more casual content?

I definitely want to get in on raid content when the patch releases. If thats the case should I have an item level in mind? Ty for the reply.

If you do Naj and Mechagon, you’ll end up getting gear along the way.

There’s plenty of catch up mechanics in place so you don’t have to hard core grind to prepare for the next patch.

Cool, thank you. Are assaults worth doing too?

Eh… I mean you can, but I mostly didn’t even bother with them, honestly.

1 Like

Next decision is what level of raid content. Best advice I can give is find a guild that raids that level and apply to join. Then talk to them about what they need you to be at for the next patch.
Generally you want to get the best gear you can before the next patch, that does not necessarily mean best ilvl.
I suggest you read some class guides on your class either on wowhead or icyveins as well as learning to top sim gear. If you’ve got any other questions feel free to hit me up.

I got flying and lately have been leveling alts. The 10 days of flying grinding netted me enough mana pearls to mail full sets of 385 benethic gear to my alts. You can also upgrade benthic gear at the vendor to 400 and 415, but I stop at 385-400 cause 415 is way too expensive.

I’m not sure of the item level requirement to get in the next 12 boss raid LFR difficulty, but it will probably be about 400. It’s not hard to get 400 running LFR in the current raid, mythic dungeons, benethic gear, and world quests.