Returning dungeon/tank questions

I recently resubbed and have been exploring Battle for Azeroth. I leveled faster than expected but I’d like to start tanking dungeons with my Death Knight. I don’t really know how scaling works, will I be okay doing random groups at level 40? I also don’t own Shadowlands, when I hit lvl 50 will the dungeon finder still do Battle for Azeroth dungeons if I don’t upgrade?

I’ve read some tanking guides and gone through some dungeons on a dps spec just to see how the dungeon works, hopefully that’s enough to get started but I also welcome any tips for a first time tank.

Thank you :slight_smile:

While I’ll leave tanking tips to people with actual experience, I can answer the dungeon finder question.

Without Shadowlands you won’t be able to level past 50, so you’ll maintain access to the BfA dungeon finder. (Which gets lost at 51.)

If you want dungeon finder access to other expansion dungeons using Chromie Time, you’ll need to turn of your XP before 50. (47 is my general recommendation to avoid interference with the Shadowlands starting quest, but without buying Shadowlands, 49 would also work.)

1 Like