Return to the Icy Realm of Northrend in World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King Classic™

I personally support blizzard’s decision in removing dungeon finder

Looking forward for Wotlk classic :slight_smile:

17 Likes

compromise maybe? i would like a dungeon finder that automatically pairs you with other players and then you have to travel yourself to the dungeon you signed up for. no dungeon finder of any kind is going to hurt the expansion more than serve it

34 Likes

No dungeon finder? Was this really a “requested feature” from the community? I was actually looking forward to Wrath Classic because I assumed DF would be part of it, but this is a huge bummer. Trying to a group together in Classic currently is basically impossible unless you’re on one of the few massive population servers.

114 Likes

No RFD means no daily reward of 2 badges of the 25man content. A lot of players rely on those 2 badges per day to get 25man gear they don’t have access to.

42 Likes

Yep. The DF was added specifically to assist in the chore of getting your Daily Heroic done.

24 Likes

100% agree. They said in the video that group finder will be there in retail, but what about those of us who liked the state of the game in WOTLK and want that back, including group finder. Group finder was the single best feature of WOTLK that made running dungeons doable for me. I certainly wouldn’t mind improved group finder features, but to delete it because some vanilla people think that group finder ruined the game is a huge mistake.

116 Likes

No Dungeon Finder is a HUGE disappointment. I have literally never developed a friendship in-game with someone from a random group in TBC Classic.

When Dungeon Finder was added in Wrath, it was one of my favorite parts of that expansion. WHY are you removing it???

111 Likes

YES! Cannot wait to bring my characters over to Wrath.

4 Likes

I am willing to compromise with how mythic + system is where I list my dungeon run and manually invite players

5 Likes

No Dungeon finder is crap, it was one of the best things added.

92 Likes

The LFD outrage is deserved. The wannabe wow philosophers who say LFD ruined the community clearly are unaware to the dependency many players and servers have for the tool.

Blizzard has made the wrong call here. Still gonna play it but this is a disappointment that have left MANY sour.

But at least I can change my appearance in the barbershop!!

67 Likes

No there is not. It was LFR that broke community, not dungeon finder

52 Likes

TBC did not die out… Neither did Classic, what did die was ‘Season of Mastery’

6 Likes

That system exists now. - “Looking for group/looking for more” In the default UI it’s a green oval icon with an eye on your bar next to Options. The default keybind is the letter i

5 Likes

No mention of whether we will get the extra character slot(s) needed for us to be able to play a DK without deleting one of our existing characters etc. ???

4 Likes

No Dungeon finder, that is literally the one thing I was looking forward to, because I can not stand flying out to dungeons any more. I’ve played all through Vanilla, and TBC Classic, and it’s been the one thing I am excited for. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Retail looks SO MUCH MORE promising right now. No dungeon finder is a deal breaker for me

73 Likes

Exactly. Most of the community playing classic prefers how the game was, now how the game is now. The removal of LFD is going to do way more harm for those of us who have very little time to play on a daily basis.

51 Likes

Not having Dungeon finder is so stupid. Retail is looking a lot better.

51 Likes

The fix to low pop servers not being able to get groups is implementing the same system as now - either have free transfers to another realm, or combine servers. Someone mentioned can’t see through all the spam - search for a spam filter/blocker add-on. The one I use works perfect.

1 Like

The one thing that excited me was dungeon finder coming. Even on a full server, can’t find basic instance groups in TBC.

In a world critically divided by ideologies and the proliferation of choose-your-own-truth, finding this mythical COMMUNITY to co-exist with and play the game is damn near impossible.

Hope Blizz takes a moment to examine the social environment in which this game exists and reverses course.

Who exactly is clamoring for no method to find groups other than persistent spam? Giant guilds can still do their thing and form their elitist communities. Removing group finder hobbles a huge portion of players looking to enjoy the full range of content.

75 Likes