Return of Elitist Jerks

Hey, remember that first month in Classic where the elitist “pro” players who treat everyone not in their guild like dog crap had disappeared??

Well… they’re baaaaack. (ugh)

A few days ago I joined a ZF group mid instance as the tank. Right off the bat the warlock says “you know how to pull right??” Should have known right there… warlock proceeds to make every pull and facetank, demanding I peel off him. Apparently the last guy “didn’t know how to tank” (how to tank his way).

I just let him go. We all know what happens when you tell the elitist clothie to stop pulling, and I didn’t feel like dealing with the hate.

Next day I run ZF again. This time we have a 43 priest healer. He’s under leveled, but not terribly, it’s fine. That is until he starts barking orders and blaming every one else when he inadvertently aggros every mob pack. Worst part is me and the pally have to offheal every time it happens, because of course he is OOM from healing himself. We manage not to wipe, but every time he points out where the rest of our gameplay could have been better, and how his healing single-handedly prevented a wipe.

When we beat the last boss he said “let’s go clear the graveyard. Everyone does it for exp”. I said “thanks guys!” (Hearth)

And then today a 44 rogue is in trade saying “WTB Blackstone Ring”. I politely point out that it’s BoP, and the last boss in Mara drops it. His reply “shut up unless you know what you are talking about”. Great, great.

I ask what’s his problem, and he proceeds to explain that he is actually buying princess runs. I’ve been playing this game since Day 1 in 2004. I’ve heard of princess runs a million times. I’ve never once seen a person ask to buy a BoP item, implying he actually wanted to buy a carry. Frankly, you could say “WTB whitemane’s chapeau” or “WTB Manual Crowd Pummeler”. You could say WTB about any BoP drop, and helpful people will most likely point out it’s BoP.

I don’t really care about how he asked, different strokes I guess, but I do care when I pointed out it’s BoP his reply was “get a life n00b”

Anyway… not once in the first few weeks did I see this behavior. Now it’s three times in the last three days… yuck… are we back to the good old days of every group having at least one D-Bag?

7 Likes

I’m thankful I haven’t run into that quite yet, but I haven’t made it deep into leveling yet.

Actually the rogue was right. Princess runs can be soloed by max level toons, people sell those “solos” for specific pieces of gear.

15 Likes

I’ve had a few idiots tell me that I’ll be healing. I simply ignored them.

3 Likes

If every group you’re in has a d-bag… you might be the d-bag.

10 Likes

No doubt. People sell runs all the time. I’ve just never seen anyone say “WTB (specific piece of gear)” instead of “WTB princess runs”

But that’s all good! It’s the way he replied when I said “it’s BoP” that was elitist

Hmm, on my server it is always asked as WTB Princess, or WTB Princess run, i’d probably give the OP’s answer too figuring not everyone knows where a given thing comes from or if it is BOP or BOE, i know i do not.

3 Likes

Exactly. My assumption was “it’s classic. This guy needs help. I’ll tell him you can’t buy that piece of gear.”

His reply: “shut up idiot”

Come on dude, really?

3 Likes

Ya know Ion is the GM of Elitist Jerks

5 Likes

The man who created the best gaming experience in history, Battle for Azeroth?

I would have just said, “yea, thanks, i am just looking to buy a run for the ring drop”

No harm No foul

Most players in your level range at this point in the game are working on their 3rd or 4th level 60 character. You can’t expect everyone to stop and smell the roses. We all did that three months ago.

1 Like

Pfft yeah because that response hasn’t been used a thousand times. yawn

2 Likes

Well this really gets to the heart of the matter. I was thinking the same thing. I’m finally getting lapped by alts.

Now I’m running dungeons with dudes who maybe on their 2nd or 3rd character… and hence the problem.

True or not true though, doesn’t change the fact… they’re baaaaaaack

LOL amen to that, present company excluded

First mistake. Why tank for a group which has already forced a tank to leave? Let them rot and disband. You are part of the problem if you agree to tank for these groups

3 Likes

Warlock actually asked me BEFORE I joined “you know how to pull right?”

My spider sense was definitely tingling right there, but I said “yea”

Whoops

This is what the ignore list is for.

The good thing is that these “hardcore” guilds concentrate the toxicity. I avoid groups involving those guilds.

I feel bad for the players that don’t know better, because every few days someone in LookingForGroup is crying about being kicked from a run and replaced with one of their guildies, or having something ninja’d that was promised.

1 Like

While his response as reported was unwarranted, he’s still correct. Someone selling runs might already have a customer, but if that customer isn’t trying for the ring, the rogue can still join up.

1 Like