Rets now have undispellable Freedoms lol

bout time they fixed unbound freedom garbo talent

4 Likes

Hopefully it’s just the BoF applied from casting it on yourself or the one granted from casting it on an ally… Because if not that’s gonna be kinda nutso with hpals freedoming the ret and it being undispellable.

It literally says Any

Oh No Ret Was So Bad Before Hand

1 Like

i don’t think either of us know what you think my post said, but what it actually said is that the unbound freedom essence was, and after this change remains, worthless for pve. they’ve made a change, as observed above, based on the fact that the prior version of the talent was worthless and they shone a spotlight on that by making it the essence…but the change they’ve made won’t make it any more desirable for pve. it will drastically disrupt pvp without even accomplishing their only likely goal in changing unbound freedom at all.

1 Like

I don’t understand why you think they made the change solely to make it more appealing in PvE when they’ve even stated themselves that the Conflict and Strife Essences are geared towards PvP players.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/boomy-feral-forced-choice-on-essences/179895/22?u=static-shattered-hand
You have to PvP to unlock them in the first place, they don’t really expect any of the PvP Essences to be more appealing than the Raw DPS Essences.

because i don’t believe them. they are lying. i think you are buying into a lie by recirculating that post.

edit: i do not believe any claim by blizzard, toward any goal, that has a foundation in “we thought about pvp proactively and decided this would be good for it”. they make reactive decisions either in response to overwhelmingly negative feedback or based on smearing a few different dev’s crap on a dartboard and giving the job of pvp changes to whoever’s it hits.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

Occam’s Razor takes into effect here.

The biggest complaint from Ret players has been mobility, and there’s prob an underlying implication that ret isn’t sought after compared to other popular melee.

So they blatantly killed to birds with one stone by providing mobility and utility.

Anything else is just reaching imo.

Thinking they sought to make an essence like Unbound Freedom comparable to 60%+ Wings uptime in PvE is just delusional

2 Likes

No lie that will prob be a great 2s setup. 30% movement and freedom helps you live without wasting so much mana, and DA helps Ret win on the first Crusade :joy::+1:

2 Likes

So ret will be beyond broken PogChamp

Btw besides adding the PvP skill Conflict and Strife doubles Versatility when stunned. This is exceptionally good in PvP for Kidney, HoJ, Stormbolt, Intimidation, etc etc etc. Typically in PvE a dps player is not getting stunned very often, nor would the damage reduction bonus be very good anyways.

Another thing to note about Conflict and Strife that people are overlooking is the Minor power. It procs 180 Vers from using abilities or taking damage, and stacks up to 6 times. That means a total of 1100~ Vers at max stacks, which also gets double when stunned.

Currently my character has 900ish Vers which gives 10% damage increase and 5% reduced damage taken. With Conflict and Strife fully stacked I would be at 2000 Vers, which gets doubled when stunned. So it’s gonna end up being about 21-25% reduced damage taken when stunned, which essentially is like using a defensive. That part alone makes it BiS for PvP imo.

2 Likes

I believe the addition of undispellable freedom has been needed for a long time, but I guarantee you they will need to bring down Ret DPS once they get some numbers to follow the increased uptime it’s going to provide for the spec.

5 Likes

Lol never using Lasso again, didn’t know about this

Yeah I dunno why people stop reading at 4th PvP talent. The 2nd part of the Major effect on it is huge.

So is the stacking 180 Vers from the minor effect for up to ~1100 additional Vers.

Isn’t this a good thing?

That’s just what unstable affliction does though. It’s like the guy said: It just extends UA without it doing damage for the whole portion. It’s decent. Not sure if it’s better than any of the PvE essences though.

The Unbound Freedom change is nice. I still wouldn’t use that essence though. Will just drop a different PvP talent for it and use the short wings essence or the crit one.

Tbh if our burst is nerfed I’d hope it would just be moved from burst into sustained. Other dps who have high dmg output also have non-purgeable freedom cough cough WW Monk.

2 Likes

It’s not purgeable, but if you reapply a slow it is negated.

Tigers Lust just removes a current slows/roots and gives them a burst of speed for 6 seconds, it doesn’t make them immune to reapplications of slow/root.

4 Likes

Nah the change to UA is; after UA dot is gone, the lock will deal 10% additional damage on the target from all sources. So after that if it stacks for each UA it can be pretty solid. Stacking UA on a target then you do 40-60% additional damage to that target when all UA fall off.

Same goes for when you dispel a UA, if its 4sec silence + damage taken for each UA on the target. Except the 4sec silence wont stack. Lets say you dispel 5 UA from your team mate to remove fear and then you take 20k x 5 in the face its really good.

1 Like