Rets need more AOE

Divine storm only aoe spell and it’s 3 HP. BoJ, CS, and HoW should have some aoe effect too if we want to compete with rogues and hunters and dh cleave

3 Likes

I thought it was kind of cool back in WoD, where depending on what Seal you had Active, Crusader Strike turned into Hammer of the Righteous.

2 Likes

That’s a little overkill. While I understand that they won’t buff Divine Storm because we are too bursty anyways, something like Prot has (CS cleaves while standing in your Consecration) would be fitting,
And we wouldn’t have to fiddle with seals.

2 Likes

That never happen, Ret had Hammer of the Righteous baseline back then and it shared a Cooldown with Crusader Strike. Seal of Righteousness though caused your melee to do a little splash damage.

However their was talk from Blizzard back then about tying abilities like Hammer of the Righteous to specific Seals. But they decided against it.
One of the ideas for Seals I suggested is based off of this. Though I when for Legion Ret Zeal AoE ability instead of Hammer of the Righteous. But went one step further and added that Blade of Justice would become Divine Hammer when Seal of Righteousness was active.

1 Like

dh cleave? dh has no aoe lmao

Sanctified wrath aoe abilities helps a lot but of course that only falls into a window of wings

1 Like

I’m 99.9% sure that there was a patch where your crusader strike turned into hammer if your used Seal of the Righteous. Maybe it was Pandaria.

1 Like

I had a different idea when I came up with my Ideal Paladin Talents (that’s a thread in the general forum at this point): if they made Hammer of the Righteous a class talent in Dragonflight instead of a Protection-spec-only talent, and made it very shallow, then it’d be easy for Ret to pick up for AoE fights. I figured it’d share charges and cooldown with Crusader Strike.

That good enough, or when the add Blade of Justice in the Ret tree, should they place BoJ in one of those octagonal-pick-one-of-these-two talents, with the other option being something multi-target like Divine Hammer or Mass Exorcism?

1 Like

Plenty of classes just as bursty as us with less downtime

2 Likes

Um…Wake of Ashes.
Final Reckoning
Consecration
You are Kyrain so you have Divine Toll.

Even Venth has the Ashen Hollow for some massive AOE DPS burst and Necro is what I have and it has better single target burst for sure.

Im not sure I want to play with a paladin who thinks DS is the only AOE they have. Tells me that you are either exaggerating or perhaps you are telling the truth and DS is the only AOE you use and in that case you probably cant even DPS you way out of a wet paper bag.<------ And more to how this statement is true is the fact that you honestly think that your best choice for a new AOE should be BoJ which barely give more than white damage. I would chose TV to be another AOE if I had an option to pick another one.

Should also try to get some AOE trinks as well. Also you can tab target your judgment across multiple targets and hit them with one and then hit each one again for 10% extra damage while judgment is up and it will also refresh when you do that so that right there is another AOE.

2 Likes

Woah chill I just forgot for a second about wake of ashes but I use sanctified wrath instead of FR

1 Like

Go to PTR. You can copy your toon and do all sorts of checking out multiple covenants for free there and try them out back to back. You do have lots of AOE though PTR though try it out.

1 Like

None of it is sustained AoE, they are all long cooldowns.

5 Likes

Nope, not even then, like I said they talked about doing such during WoD but never when thru with it.

3 Likes

Why does boj and cs hit like poo

4 Likes

Cuz Blizz wants to keep us nerfed before the big 10.0 buff. See Covahrendro above you? he seems to know his stuff.

And the be pally lady who keeps arguing with me is leading you astray a little bit. A guildless toon on A52 getting excepted into 16 keys with a renown of 9 with a borderline PvP setup with all the CCs and CC breakers in her ret spec when they never have run ret through any PvE content ever and only excel at holy spec and yet are here arguing about ret with a NL surv setup best suited for PvP and not running keys.

I wouldnt trust someone who doesnt even know you can auto reset your renown to 40 and refuses to respond to others who critque them.

yea I dont know about that that she should think to come here and start arguing with me and Cov here. And she brags about topping charts more than a few times on that toon on more than one thread. Not a chart topper when you are more than 20+ litem levels below the current average A52 players. 100% positive her renown will be set to 40 as soon as she reads my posts and finds out that it can actually be done.

Leyun. You’re doing pretty good.

Just got to live with more burst than sustained.

2 Likes

Divine toll is nice with downtime reduced with mikanikos

2 Likes

You’re gonna be like this in your next dungeon with your DT spam

(3413) FRYING PAN OP - YouTube

Thats how satisfied I feel when my Kyrian pally spams it as often as I can. Fun and effective.

I hope from the bottum of my heart that Blizz understands that many of us like these effects and they keep Covs into the next exac.

2 Likes

Nah, pandaria you have hammer of righteous, and seal of righteous for aoe splash. God, I miss mop.

2 Likes

Judgment cleave talent with Legion tier making ur Judgment hit 40% harder felt so good.

4 Likes