Retroactive Gathering Enchants

Just a small change but I think if you have the enchant on your gloves for gathering skills, it should not only apply to the current content, but also retroactively apply to any older content.

So Shadowlands Gathering would increase gathering speed on anything from BFA, Legion, WoD and so on all the way back to Vanilla.

Dragonflight Gathering, could (and should) do the same, applying to Dragonflight and everything before it, etc.

1 Like

So you want to cut the profits other crafters make so you don’t have to spend gold to make your gathering cheaper?

…not cheaper, just faster? I can’t imagine there are very many people still buying and selling the older enchants, and even fewer still using them. But there’s no point for the effects to go away if you have a superior version of the same enchant.

I don’t see it cutting into profits for people farming that stuff, I just see it taking out some of the aggravation. If you are rushing through to level old stuff it will still be a pain in the rear farming all the old mats, even with a retroactive gathering enchant.

It’s called Tauren, High Mountain Tauren,
or Worgen, enjoy your faster gathering :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope they buy the newer ones as they level up while you want to keep your gear up to date without having to buy new enchants.
They are also always on the AH as people keep making them to sell while they buy the mats others are gathering.

He wants to keep on gathering without having to buy new enchants. Probably from the same people who he wants to buy his mats.

It’s called I don’t like tauren, highmountain tauren, or worgen. So no. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is one of those things, like many that I can think of, that would make too much sense so of course it doesn’t exist… Guess it keeps the old gathering chants viable… kind of.

Ive done this with the older professions…gathering stuff. Going from Shadowlands to older content its painful to go back to the older speeds. The nodes need a buff too in some places or higher yield per node.

Sticky Finger or Hasty Gatherer enchant. Speeds it up. Cant be hard to come up with a one size fits all enchant for any node harvested. Then it wouldnt need to be made for each expansion and you could just modify the existing enchant to support the next expansion has it comes. Not a programmer though so might not be that simple.

Either way it would be really nice to make the speed uniform…or even remove the enchant all together and just make the enchanted speed the baseline speed.

How could a Goblin forget “Time’s money, friend!”?

Yes, it’s annoying that legacy content is arbitrarily fenced off and not seamlessly integrated. Expansions used to matter. They don’t any more in the leveling experience, and there’s no reason they should artificially make a difference to just about any other gameplay aspect.