I just had an idea… Holy Priest lore should align more with the Naaru. We’re just ‘bare the light’, but I think for class flavour and spec theming, it would be way more cool if we got some of our lore and edge back by aligning more with the Naaru in our class design.
Not to mention… our spell animations are so lame. Everyone who sees T’uure appear knows it was a Holy Priest. So it stands to chance that we’d stand out a bit more if we got some Naaru imagery.
Not all spells need to be re-designed or renamed, but it would make for some needed flavour.
- Serenity of A’Dal
- Ward of T’uure
- Hope of T’uure
- Fury of A’dal
- Wrath of Z’rali
- Light of Z’rali
- Gaze of Z’rali
- Tears of T’uure
- Hope of A’dal
HoT / DoT:
- Embrace (can’t take Embrace of the Naaru since that’s already taken)
- Hymn of A’dal
- Hymn of T’uure
- Strength of T’uure
- K’ure Honeymoon Therapy Kiss
Re-do the animations to be more Naaru related… not all the spells, these are just suggestions. But new spells really should be more Naaru related. Especially with the lore going more cosmic.
Like this one I thought of today:
Well of Miracles:
- You summon a Well of Miracles at your feet (10min CD). Once summoned, the button will change to ‘Pray for Miracle’ with 5 charges (90s CD). A random miracle will happen:
- +10% haste buff for 15s
- 30s reduction on your longest CD
- You turn into a cow for 30s and gain a stack of refreshing milk, can heal and DPS as normal.
- Z’rali appears at your side, increasing damage by 20% for 15s
- A’dal appears at your side, reducing damage you take by 25% for 15s
- Saa’ra appears at your side, marking your target with Mark of Saa’ra for 12s, collecting 25% of the damage or healing done. After 10s, Mark of Saa’ra will convert to Wisdom of Saa’ra releasing the damage or healing collected on the target over 6s.
- M’ori and K’uri appear at your side, each giving you a shield that is 20% of your total health.
- T’uure appears at your side, showering you with compliments for 30s
I love the lore of the Naaru, we need to lean in to that for our spells… there’s so much more interesting Priest lore out there, but Blizz is hella lazy and throws it all to Paladins.