Retail wow is muted

I don’t know what happened but only retail wow is muted, all other games have it. I’ve already reinstalled, updated the drivers, restarted pc, configured the audio and nothing works. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

It ain’t got no gas in it!

9 Likes

No idea.

Maybe Sylvanas burned down your audio source

1 Like

If you haven’t tried this already, press ESC in-game, choose SYSTEM, and look for the GAME SOUND OUTPUT drop-down menu in the HARDWARE section. If “System Default” is selected, use the drop-down menu and select the option for the specific sound output that you would like to use (your computer’s main speakers, headset, etc.).

6 Likes

Check your output in game, sometimes the game or my PC will randomly change it. Which causes it to be “muted”, when it’s simply trying to output to the wrong source.

My pc thinks it has two audio outputs and wow will swap between them if I afk.

1 Like

Some folks call it a Kaiser blade I call it a sling blade

1 Like

Biscuits and mustard… mhm

1 Like

1 Like

Do you have wow muted

Try your sound settings in game and computer. Make sure everything is plugged in correctly. If you have a pet check for chewed up wires.

retail wow has been trying to mute everyone for yrs have they finally succeeded?

1 Like

try < control > + S.

1 Like

Your game thinks you are plugged into a TV.
check default sounds and check wow system settings,sound

1 Like

you may need to hard set your speaker output instead of leaving it on default. i’ve had that issue before in a game.

Im going to suggest you make sure you sound settings arent on default, because noone else has suggested this.

Do you guys not read the threads youre commenting on? I always see people do this, its weird as.

Edit: Obviously the first person quoted isnt who I’m talking to, it was an original suggestion at that point.

no i don’t sit there and read every single response. if it’s been mentioned before, good for them. if not, even better to try it out.

big whoop.

I was gonna’ say, lol :laughing:

1 Like

if you accidently hit ctrl-s, that disables all sound effects. Though i would be surprised if that setting would have remained after a reinstall.

Yeah, I realised it looked like I was talking about you soon after typing it, I definitely didn’t mean you :slight_smile:

It’s not like repeating an answer is bad per say, it’s just kinda useless… isnt it? Idk, I also read the threads I post in as well, just incase OP is like “Oh, that worked, thanks guys!” a few posts in, so I just don’t understand the repeats :sweat_smile:

1 Like