Retail is deader than a post

I don’t have anyone to play with. The zones are dead, my guild is dead, pre-mades are dead. What a fool I was to buy the expansion just a few weeks ago. With no patch until September it will only get worse. Shame on Activision. Shame on them. To go so long with no content and really from what I have seen of 9.1, it is nothing to jump up and down about. Somehow F2P games can manage to release monthly content yet Activision…

I think they make enough money with initial sales they simply don’t care if people drop off 60 to 90 days later. I guess if you are a big enough fool to keep paying all the better for them or the biggest fool ever to actually buy the expansion when everyone is gone.

83 Likes

zones aren’t dead. saw like four players.

52 Likes

f2p games make considerably more money than games like wow because unlike wow they’re extremely p2w. if blizz had an actually predatory business model like some of those games wow would be a lot different.

13 Likes

So make some new friends?

The game isn’t dead, but a negative attitude will keep others away from you in-game so it will seem dead.

17 Likes

Correction: the Alliance is more dead than a post.

18 Likes

You must have some very lively posts where you live.

9 Likes

Game does seems extremely dead as of late. BUT it is really late in the patch so… IDK. COVID has really slowed down the content releases.

6 Likes

Tell that to folks playing Monster Hunter. They got two whole patch cycles to wow’s 0.

5 Likes

yeah, but then you’re playing monster hunter. :expressionless:

8 Likes

This is not a helpful comment. I have been playing WOW on and off for over ten years now. I think I am in a pretty good position to judge the game’s popularity and at the moment it is rock bottom. I am not a negative person, but I can’t pretend everything is roses when no one is playing. More to the point is the business model the company has chosen to adopt. It stinks. In the long term it is going to come back to bite them.

48 Likes

Whoa, Activision makes this game? Wow. Please elaborate on this statement. With facts, please. Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

game seemed dead to me too when i was on a low server. once i started server transferring to larger servers… there’s an annoying amount of people playing.

3 Likes

Can i have your gold?

Jokes aside the game is doing pretty fine.

5 Likes

Switch to Horde, my guild has over 400 active players (not toons we are constantly capped on those and have to remove old alts)

1 Like

Just sayin’ covid is not the excuse folks should be giving blizzard. MH and FF have gotten regular content additions. Something is seriously wrong with blizzard planning and management.

22 Likes

Oribos is pretty packed every time I go through there. Ditto on all the covenant sanctums.

7 Likes

i didn’t say anything about wow or content updates. i mentioned that then you’d be playing monster hunter.

2 Likes

OP reminds me of a Monty Python sketch

3 Likes

Or, and here is a shocker, they have had to deal with the same pandemic and adapting to it’s lockdowns as the rest of the world has and that has slown things down.

There is a crap tonne of things Blizz is doing poorly this xpac, but the pace of the patches isn’t necessarily something that was entirely within their control.

2 Likes

Also, OP is from nazjatar, a server I have never heard of nor grouped with any folks is it LA or Oceanic? Maybe it’s your server cluster that’s dead.

Skullcrusher was absolutely dead until the end of BFA when we got merged with a whole bunch of small servers.

1 Like