Retail BG and Epic BG education

So anyone else tired of seeing people using the same strats over and over that result in loss? I’m thinking of starting a youtube series of BG’s and strats used in them to show what has worked and what continues not to work and more importantly the things that bring them to work and I’m just curious how many think that it could have ANY impact at all.

1 Like

That is a fabulous idea. It would be great if it could cover strategies for both factions and have interviews with BG and EBG leaders to discuss strategic ideas. Please let me know when it’s ready, and I will definitely subscribe :slight_smile:

Cool idea but probably going to be a challenge to execute, as a lot of folks who get into the randoms actually enjoy/prefer “doing their own thing” despite always losing. (Yeah, it doesn’t make much logical sense lol.)

If you do create it, try to engineer/design it so that it’s not only focused on strategies but also to incent the winning mindset and keep it kind of light/fun so that it caters to as many as possible without coming off as telling people what to do versus engaging them positively. (Hope that makes sense.)

this one is very difficult. even among successfull teams, trying to get rid of the “leave them alone, they were trying their best” mentality is very difficult. the key to success is of course examining failure and learning from mistakes, but that mindset is colliding with the “no hurt feelings alowed” brigade.

Most strats right now are sound except wg offense it would just result in the same thing we have now where the team with more gear/broken specs will win the fight and by extension the rest of the bg most of the time.

It’d be good content, and there’s definitely people who’d be interested in watching these videos… but unfortunately the people who want to watch are normally not the problems on teams.

It’s like when you’re in IoC, and your stealths refuse to kill glaives. It’s a pretty simple task, and you can tell them over and over, but some players just don’t really care to learn mechanics

i don’t think its necessarily the job of stealth to take care of glaives, anyone can kill glaives.

in general in epics if you say “someone needs to go kill glaives” and you check the map and nobody moves towards glaives, that means you are the one who needs to go take care of it if you want to win.

@OP i recently started a youtube and twitch channels just for this:

https://www.twitch.tv/inemiadk
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvKAdp3wpWxqqZ6lqNgZOWg

i have some stuff on my old yt channel, but its all copywrite struck to hell, so i’ll try to redo a few things like opening plays and optimal pathing, but it will likely be a few weeks before i have good stuff to upload.

I do agree with this, but stealths should be the first to react to them since they have the easiest access while the enemy team is guarding them. So, I think it’s fair to shout at the stealths who simply aren’t moving there… and I say this as a stealth myself lol. If they have no one guarding (which is pretty uncommon) then I’m 100% in agreeance with you.

Strats change based on the player vs boss health pools as seasons progress. There’s more than one way to skin a cat. The winning part of any strat is successfully executing it and getting the pugs to listen. You can make all the videos you want, all it takes is one cancer apple saying “hangar always loses, lol, we are gonna lose!” to make it all go downhill.

My two cents is if someone offers a strat and you agree with it, back em up. Do what’s asked. Go where reinforcements are needed. We call out WP needs help, GO. Like Inemia said, don’t wait for someone else to do it. If someone has a not so good strat, offer a better strat or keep your opinions to yourself. Leading is not a peach of cake.

Unfortunately, as a healer, I lack the dps to kill all 3 glaives solo.

While this is true, and it’s dumb when people say “LOL GG” at the beginning… What you’re saying normally requires more effort and organizing than just following strats that consistently work more often than others. Yes they change from time to time, but not so often that it’d be hard to stay on top of.

So if you’re trying to get the pugs to follow a strat, why not the better one lol. It doesn’t mean give up after the first lost group fight or anything, and being able to adjust is just as important… but knowing the better strat is important.

TBC, I’m mainly referring to random BGs and not RBGs. That’s another case since you already have a group dedicated to playing together

For the most part agreed. Adapting to what the opposing team is doing is also vital. Unfortunately, presently, glaives are very difficult to defend unless everyone defends them. So adapting in IOC now isn’t fruitful 95% of the time. In all other bg’s you can.

Ah, you have a YouTube channel.
Nice.

1 Like

Easy, You kill 2 and just get another healer to kill the remaining 1.

Unfortunately there are usually 20 players from the other team defending their glaives and keeping me cc’d while they kill me before I, as a healer, can do any substantial amount of damage while my teams rogues and hunters sit afk beneath the walls of the enemy teams fort. :slight_smile:

i’ve had one for a long time i mostly use for audiosurf, so pretty much every single upload on that account is claimed and demonetized.

what really irritates me is when they claim my own music or public domain music as copywritten, and also, when they claim some random band’s song was detected where it clearly wasn’t.

You can dispute it.
Especially if it’s your own music.

There are multiple strategies that work for all of them, the main issue isn’t playing the Epic BG this way or that way because there are 100’s of winning strategies that work its the mentality, killing the other team is all it is about. Hours and hours spent in 2004 - 2006 hammering the Xroads for no points at all just the enjoyment of shooting the other team and a lot of the Pug games are just that, turtle forever.

1. Nothing in any of the BG’s have anything to do with just killing the other side. They are all about resource capture and retain. This includes Capture the Flag. You obtain the resource for a time score, rinse repeat.

I have played all the BG’s and this year the guild I am in pulled off 1 million HK’s for Creepjackers achievement.

1. In order to win any BG the RL (Raid Leader) has to explain miles of info to people that may never have played before because it’s a pug. You have 2 minutes tops to explain 5000 pages in a few short objectives.

2. Everyone wants to win no one wants to lose, but no one wants to listen and follow simple instructions. I have personally met RL’s so frustrated they simply just give up and work on a dedicated team that can read and review strategies , study and try out in a pug to see how it works.

3. There are secrets in the game I just refuse to share with a Pug, oh, I use them to get us places but your average let’s blast it out on the forum ? Never mind, they are my secrets and some secrets are meant to be kept.

4. Find me a team that wants to learn everything that will follow a 57 year old 41 years computer dude with experience working in large corp America and I am married now to boot I know you have a life and a family so figuring out how we can play and live is important. Find me that team and I will show you the secrets.

5. Hey, pugs are about killing the other side. No one cares anymore or at least that is what it seems. If it’s working why fix it???

this is the kind of nonesense im talking about:

who is God Within? what is Raincry? i’ve never even heard of this band or their music, but somehow they are getting money from my channel.

the new channel is setup with a royalty free music service.