Ret playstyle

I have only played the pally in 3 versions of the game, legion, BFA, and shadowlands.

that being said, I was wondering,

What version of the ret pally do yall like the most? (across the entire games history)

WoD’s version of ret was pure poetry, it was a lightshow of procs and divine storms that both hit hard and felt like a good wonderous flow of gameplay, i say this was the peak of ret paladin gameplay, which got totally revamped in Legion, a good xpac but it gutted us dry.

To my dying day ill say that WoD’s ret was peotry in motion.

13 Likes

I really liked BFA, particularly the last season when you could get tons of uptime on wings.

1 Like

It’s tragic that you never experienced Ret in WoD. That was by far the best version of the spec. Its rework in Legion was doo-doo.

8 Likes

WoD. Wrath had cool damage for the 3 skills we had.
Rest i do prefer legion onwards tbh.

I seem to recall Panda ret was fun too?

WOD was goated for Ret. Cata was great too if you enjoyed the support playstyle.

2 Likes

MoP Ret was good, but WoD Ret was sublime.

5 Likes

Its WoD>MoP>Shadowlands/Cata>BFA>Legion>Wotlk>TBC>Vanilla

Not considering the dps or viability. Just the fun of each variation.

Honestly can’t believe we finally made it to WoD, a beautiful design, and they trashed it all away for Legion. I will always despise this expansion for that dogcrap redesign.

1 Like

I agree BFA with essences was leet

I liked Wrath the best. Never a more fun time to be a ret paladin, both pve and pvp.

Tough… I want say SL.
I main Ret in Legion (when I started playing WoW). BfA I dusted him (this dude i’m posting on) for a hunter. In SL I this Ret back. I went Nerco with him and thought it was fun but not enough to call a main again. I hate the slow burst (wings) play-style that Ret is