Ret Paladin Set Bonus Bug and Feedback (Let me know your thoughts)

Hello,

After testing the Ret Paladin set bonus on the 9.2 PTR here is my feedback.

Currently there is a bug where upon Art of War proccing seraphim (the 2set bonus) the seraphim will consume your divine purpose proc. This will need to be addressed asap so testing can continue.

I personally feel the double RNG elements of the 2 and 4 set bonuses feel underwhelming and boring. It would feel better in my opinion (at least in PvP as thats what I primarily play) if the player had more agency over both the seraphim and art of war wake of ashes resets.

I suggest reversing and slightly reworking the 2 and 4 piece set bonus.

→ 2 piece set - Every 3rd ( or 4th or 5th depending on balance team numbers) art of war proc resets your Wake of Ashes

→ 4 piece set bonus - Upon reseting your wake of ashes with your 2 piece set bonus, proc 5 (or 4 or 6 seconds depending on balance team numbers) of seraphim.

These changes would give the rotation a (small) shake up, have a meaningful impact on gameplay with hopefully similar level of power to the current set bonuses. As currently stated I dont really “feel” when I proc 2 seconds of seraphim on art of war. It is simply 2 short, and it feels clunky randomly resetting Wake of ashes.

Thank you for reading! (This is also posted in eternity end forums, just figured I would post here as well to see if we can see more Ret opinions on the bonus)

1 Like

I’ve tested a lot of sets on the PTR (Destro, Demo, Assassin, Sub, Havoc, Survival, Ele, Enhance, Unholy, Frost Dk) and honestly Ret feels the worst to me. I know it’s bugged and the 2 second Sera proc overwrites the main one, but even taking that into account I hate the set bonuses. Constantly watching for Wake to be ready, missing the seraphim window due to low haste/being kited, and not having wake ready for a 1/2 minute go all feel awful. Everyone complains about their set bonuses and I get it’s hard to filter all the noise out and get good feedback, but the Ret set is just not enjoyable imo.

4 Likes

Post in the PTR forums for this, there’s a thread specifically for it.