Ret Paladin Reckoning Macro

Can someone with blue text confirm that this is an exploit, or not working as intended?

6 melee hits in 1 sec…

if he had full charges, he would have hit 5 times total. IF he had HoJ, that can trigger another attack, as well as SoComm, which can also proc another attack.

Theoretically, if HoJ and SoComm procced, reckoning could hit 7 times (1 base, 4 reck hits, 1 HoJ, 1 SoComm)

Do you have a combat log to show what hit you? its very likely a normal reck-bomb though

2 Likes

I definitely know Paladins are using /startattack /stopattack macros to use reckoning and am curious to find out if this is by design or a bug/exploit. It sort of sucks when I’m pvping with a priest and a paladin rolls on in and kills him in 1 to 2 swings :[

1 Like

working as intended due to spell batching

oh and…

2 Likes

Not working as intended.

Will be patched soon.

#nochanges

I suspect it is working as intended.

Similar to: " Note: Most of these monsters can also “store” these procs and unleash them all several seconds later. An example of this is the Princess Theradras encounter in Maraudon. The Princess will store her attacks if kited and can land several attacks instantly when she catches up to her target. This behavior is consistent with the reference client "

“Normally if you’re sitting down you would not get Reckoning charges from auto-attacks. However, you could gain charges from random NPCs by constantly sitting and standing up due to server lag: mob would try to attack you as your were sitting, so it’d be a forced crit. However, if you stood up just as you were getting hit, the server would see you as if you were standing and get a Reckoning charge.

^^^that’s the guy who wrote this^^^
http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-paladin/1069149.htm

plus these videos from vanilla say hold my beer:

originally published on warcraft movies on 2006-02-24
https://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=15930

#itwaschanhedwithclassic #makeitvanilla

Wreck bombs were patched out long before 1.12.

Sorry to disappoint you.

February 2006.

Hmm.

When did 1.12 come out?

Yeah, that’s right. Much later than February 2006.

Sorry bud. You’re wrong. Wreck bombs were patched out in vanilla.

lol try again son

Aug 8, 2006

Besides - I have even better evidence - the guy who wrote the blue stickied post during Vanilla:

#GitGud

1 Like

who cares anyhow

paladin hits are so inconsequntial.

bring hit for an average of 200 × 5 is

NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT MAGES , ROGUES, SPRIESTS, WARRIORS, AND HUNTERS HIT YOU FOR.

those classes hit 500 -1500 PER SECOND WITH NO DOWNTIME.

a paladin has to stack his reckong to 4

while not hitting you back to hit you 5 times.
for most peope that means a dead paladin before he can get to reck stacks.

ROFL you really are living under a rock… Reckoning can effectively global a player; it’s not a joke ability by any means.

I have seen paladin standing around waiting for the horde to “come back” while the rogue buddy was stabbing him in the back.

I wondered why for a moment and then realized. Ohh that’s how he’s charging it up.

i doubt it.
that paladin will have to crit every swing and every seal use and use multiple engineering gadgets to global anyone.

white hits on paladins are weak, you are looking at 200 average per hit, amd lets say he gets 300nave per hit, that only 1500 damage.

Not sure what paladin’s you have been doing battle VS but there is one geared Pala on my server who hits for around 550 a swing; you’re not surviving his Reckoning if its stacked.

im gonna guess hes ret/prot and is fully bis geared with an epic weapon from mc.

even then you dont just enter random, unannounced pvp and unleash.
most will stack the procs ans combo you in conjunction with engineering.

its ultra difficult for a paladin to get engaged with no reck stacks to build enough reck stacks while trying to survive and retaliate, especually agaisnt any rdps class.

how does a paladin hit u for 500 a hit?
no way.
lets say a paladin has a obe which tops at at 264 a hit. a crit hits you for 528, and thats if hes critting you for max damage a hit.

only rogues and warriors do that rarely do paladins hit like that

blizzard would never allow paladins to be comptative in the classic meta.

right?
would you allow a ret paladin to raid and have access to the best physical dps weapons, rings, and trinkets?
99.9% of classic population seems to say no.

so there zero chance a paladin hits for 500 a swing, of that were the case they would ve glady sought for raids.

these videos are all from Vanilla - perhaps you should get a clue first before speaking about things you know nothing about

and this video is from Classic:

ive seen those
and those are not phase 2 paladins
perhaps you should know what yiy are talking about.

pahse 2 paladins do not perform well in pvp as killers.
engineering as a boost to overcome the shortcomings, but any class can use that.

i want paladins to be great— i play one in classic, and its. no where near what you see in the videos. the stars have to align, or you have.to be figting poor players to do well as a paladin with killing in mind.

sure when you get full t2 and better gear with epic weapons, decent spellpower, and full plate, its a different story.

but phase 2 palaldins arent running around reck bombing people into oblivion. like the videos you posted.

im a propoent of the class, and im very disappointed with its performance at this stage.
bwl is around the corner so hopefullt full t2 with unstoppable force will allow the class to shine.
but until then, lets not kid ourselvs into thinking holy/prot or prot/ret is all its assumed to be.

even the spelladin build is rough as who in theornright mind wants to spend 600 gold a week in comsumables to raid?

All the spelladin fanbois dont even post videos anymore. and i know you tout the build, i tied to do it and jsut couldnt afford it.

bottom line is reck isnt all that its made out to be… yet. it may approach it in phase 3 and definately into naxxx, but not now in phase 2

Blizzard attempted to eliminate that style of play, however it persisted until Patch 2.0 where they reworked the reckoning talent entirely to achieve the desired results.

Hard hitting auto swings are not all that makes a DPS good in PvE.

Paladin DPS actually isn’t bad, it’s just less good than a 2 hand warrior and since there are so damn many warriors the competition for items edges paladin DPS players out in most guilds because alliance are Min-Max happy and for whatever reason want BiS classes and optimization for every single thing even tho it’s MOLTEN CORE in patch 1.12.

again, Seal Twisting says hello