Ret Paladin and Pelagos, 9.1

So now the best Ret soul bind gets EVEN better? 15% damage reduction after a cc is applied, and cannot be reduced below 90% move speed… also a flat 15% stat increase on a proc chance?

I was really hoping they would diversify our soul bind choices, but it doesnt seem like they are really interested in that.

3 Likes

Ladies and gents and all the mind readers lol the soul bind they are referring to is Kyrian.

1 Like

Wait, Pelagos isn’t a part of the Necrolords?

Damn…what game have I been playing?

3 Likes

Crazy lol.

Every soulbind gets even better. That’s kind of the point of making the trees larger.

Compared to some of the things in the other soulbind trees, these don’t seem especially impressive.

1 Like

I put Pelagos in the title, and since 90% of Ret use him i didnt think it was necessary to point it out.

3 Likes

The 15% damage reduction only occurs after the crowd control has ended. Given that in pvp most kills setups are done during a crowd control. Makes this not very useful.

Also so people aren’t confused, you don’t get 90% movement speed. It’s you can’t be reduced below 90% movement speed for 6 seconds after a crowd control. Which is still pretty much useless

The primary stat increase is 12% with a low proc chance.

2 Likes

Just inject the new soulbinds straight into my vein.

1 Like

Fair is fair, multiple set ups require CC to be chained, most notably for rogues. So, if nothing else, snapping out of the first CC means the rest of the opener is less effective, even if they continue to Lock you down. Additionally, the 90% ms protection means you can kind of pillar hump after if necessary, or close the distance if you’re the target of cross-cc.

2 Likes

Meh i dont get why ppl are upset, at-least toll isnt getting gutted bc the other options all feel bloody horrid to use…

2 Likes

Yet

No changes yet makes me think that nerfs are the only thing the class will see in a later build, imo

I’m kind of wishing it did get gutted because then they would balance the class without it and stop railroading us to a specific covenant.

I live in fairy land though

DT isn’t really nailing us to playing 1 covenant specifically. You can play Kyrian if you want to easily do damage without thinking. With the covenant-specific legendaries coming in 9.1 that tie into each covenant ability I’d recon other covenants would be easily viable.

Idk I’m rather fond of the 1min ES build atm, I would probably quit if we go back to using crusade AGAIN.

I’m just here for fun and imo it’s the only fun build we have available to us.

You know man, the build is fun. The dps is real.

Its just that… kyrian are so insufferably boring to me. Their mount is lame, their title is lame, and the covenant armor set is lame. Especially compared to Necrolord which im playing right now. I just want to be able to play the covenant i want without feeling like i am gimping myself. Either that, or make the other stuff account wide without covenant restrictions.

These are just my opinions and i am not trying to flame anyone.

1 Like

I get that they’re obviously going to be times when it has it uses. I’m just pointing out its not something to be overly hyped for.

Frankly I’d prefer if it gave the Damage Reduction during CC. But that would probably be Op for a lot of classes.
Also from a Ret prospective, it would be better if it was a speed increase rather than a snare suppression. As it would synergise better with Hand of Freedom, where as the snare suppression does nothing in combination with Hand of Freedom.

We can talk about what would be preferred ad nauseam, however for what we’re actually getting anything that prevents paladin from suffering from slows as hard is at least a good thing.

1 Like

True, but its not exclusive to paladins. So classes that can kite Ret will benefit also(well those that take it)

Considering that there are a number of classes better equipped to handle slows and snares than paladins, paladin will most likely get the most use out of it compared to their initial kit. Either or, Paladin’s biggest issue is staying on their target or getting away from an enemy, the target’s biggest issue is keeping the paladin away, or in LoS to prevent free casting heals.

1 Like

You and 95% of the forums (myself included), do not play at a level where covenant selection matters. Play what you want.

1 Like