Ret or Havoc?

I asked those dhs and they all think they’re the best. but honestly what do you guys think as far as all content goes?

Havoc, u will bring a good raid cd with darkness insane mobility, immunity when needed and just overall better tools, I would go havoc, in m+ ur also better imo

1 Like

I smash every Havoc DH no matter raid or Mythic. Gear scales better on Ret for some reason than most classes also. It’s a BIG jump in sustained from 220 to 225-6 and that just 5 to six ilvls

1 Like

Yeah I think actually I like rotation of havoc better but as far as mogs paladin wins hands down.

Havoc is, arguably, the simplest DPS class in the game

1 Like

So you are saying havoc? haha

I would like to think ret smashes all dh.

Ret at least as ret you have better chance of getting invite. As DH is not easy

I would think people would come more inviting havoc for the magic damage buff.

That would be the case if Veng DH weren’t meta.

Hmmmmmm… as M+ player myself (2 KSM and this alt 5/8)…

Take it with a grain of salt, as I never played DH, so I can’t really comment much on the utility, but what I can say is from raw-damage prospective, I’ve seen more higher damage from Havocs. But the highest raw I’ve seen was from a ret in a 17 run or smt, at solid 9k average throughout the run.

However, good paladins are a blessing! Paladins do have tons of utility, along with passive 3% DR aura, bubble, self heal, WoG and all the blessings.

Given the amount of utility paladin has, very few paladins utilize it. So, if you are to go ret and actually use your class to maximim, you will rock.

Examples:
Use Hand of Freedom in PF bomb slows.
Use Hand of Freedom in NW last boss during roots cast on the target.
Use Hand of Protection to drop Necrotic stacks.
Use Hand of Protection during Fixate on melee.
Save Lay on Hands for healer or tank only and pop it when emergent.
Use WoG to assist with healing in group-wide AoE moments.
Use cleanse, like, all the time.