Ret got nerfed, HArd

How full of it could you possibly be? I can’t believe anything you ppl say anymore thats how ridiculous you all sound. First the azerite armor reforge cost was fair and negligible (which your happy go lucky selves walked back not two weeks ago), and now ret pallys are fine!

Go look at any leaderboard. Look at all these raid comps. You guys force people to shelve toons because either you all have a love affair with ranged dps or you are that blind to reality.

INB4 internal diagnostics show casuals playing ret in island expeditions are doing good so all is good…he he he

5 Likes

And we wonder why the forums don’t get a lot of blue posts…

Some of you forget you’re talking to actual human beings, about a video game…

Dial it back a bit. Offer constructive criticism. Too many people do nothing but spew venom because “lol anonymity”.

15 Likes

Log out of the forums, then right back in. it should fix the problem.

Fixed that title for you.

Well the final Nail has been hammered in i am now putting my main up for good TY activision…

lol you say this has been your main since BC? Yet you act like this is the first time Ret has been nerfed before. And the most funny thing of all is this isn’t even close to being the harshest nerf rets have seen. I remember the days back when Ghost Crawler was still a Dev and watching people max exodus from Ret over some of the changes back then. LoL since BC? I highly doubt that. More like Band wagon ret since BC/BFA more likely. If you cant handle a piddly 30% nerf then you should serious go play one of the untouched classes like Mages. Those guys are Teflon coated against nerfs.

4 Likes

What makes spriest op exactly? That its a multi-dot spec in a raid tier with plenty of multi-target fights?

Also, sure the trait damage was nerfed. But you’re purposely ignoring that the trait was broken before. It was dealing less damage than it was supposed to. These changes together are barely a nerf, just 1-2% like others have pointed out.

You’re going from 20000 dps to 19800 dps and acting like the spec is destroyed by them fixing a busted trait without making it OP in return.

3 Likes

I like how Blizzard employees always respond to people that agree with them. Ret is so garbage; slow, low damage, non consistent aoe. What’s the reason to bring ret to mythic+ or raids? The Legion version of Ret was 1000x better especially during the Antorus patch.

By brainless monkeys i’d say.

The Zandalari racials will fix it, don’t you worry!

1 Like

??? the only thing that got nerfed was lights decree, which was insanely strong compared to everything else. even now its still one of the top traits for ret.

stop talking, youre clueless.

6 Likes

If anything, it could still use a pretty big nerf.

Then buff something else while nerfing the trait. Rets overall were NOT overperforming, so a straight nerf makes no sense.

2 Likes

IDK their reasoning isn’t consistent, when they say things like “nerfing over-performing traits” it doesn’t feel good at all.

I’d rather them buff “under-performing” traits. Nerfing everything from non top specs really makes people feel hurt…

sidenote: other specs still have “over-performing” traits that were not touched so thats why this bothers me.

3 Likes

When 1 trait is capable of bringing a class in-line with other dps because the other traits available can’t it’s a clear sign that trait balance is off. So instead of managing the traits across the board it given a flat nerf. Plate wearers in generally have had a consistent theme of being low-balled on dps aside from a few key tiers. Its gotten old. Old enough that when the time runs out this month I’m jumpin ship. Not that you really care, but this is why people are quitting blizz…its not content, its the bugs that havent been fixed since launch, the idiotic “balancing”, the spur of the moment changing (without proper testing), and the idgaf attitude over it all.

2 Likes

i dont think ythisens actually does any current content lol

3 Likes

It was good but I mean it’s not any more insane than Warlocks are every tier. O no Ret is good at reaping and 1 fight BETTER NERF THEM.

Honestly the fact that it usually comes with the free divine storm trait on raid gear this is straight up a m+ nerf which is disappointing because no one really has reason to seek out a ret pally even for healer blessing of wisdom when boomkin has innervate and also brez.

what is puzzling is that i don’t think treacherous covenant was touched even though. On paper 1 lights decree is more valuable than TC but when you stack traits up to 3 it is not even close.

single trait

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#paladin_retribution?data_view=azerite_traits&type=itemlevel&tier=3

stacking 3 traits

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#paladin_retribution?data_view=azerite_traits&type=trait_stacking&tier=3

See that just drives the point home. Generic traits are far stronger than class specific.

Hey I WAS a pally until Arthas came and nearly killed all my people, and me. Then he used me like a undead malibu barbie and brought me back to life. Doesn’t mean i don’t like the light, I am just trapped here…in my body…yeah thanks for making me relive tragedy! Terrible terrible man. No cookies for you!

1 Like