Ret got nerfed, HArd

I think at the moment any feedback they are looking for would be on the Alpha Threads regarding Shadowlands.

If you happen to be one of the testers, start throwing some facts and laying down the law.

I regret nothing with that bad pun.

2 Likes

No arguments here either chief. Blizzard’s long hatred of Ret is rivalled only by its shafting of Shamans. Resto has had to pay the price for the era of brain heal but at least it’s had a few flashes of glory. Ele too has had a few very short-lived times to shine but Enh has been terrible almost forever as well. Some kids are still mad they got windfuried to death.

3 Likes

What exactly are you expecting them to say here? Do you think they should be polling us for advice?

…I mean, yes? Or at least taking very obvious problems seriously and fixing them? Rather than just coming here to say “NO” and tell us we’re wrong like they did with that stupid Equality talent in Legion.

2 Likes

The devs and community managers should at least act like they are paying attention. Acting like they are listening to the player base would be a good start.

4 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-paladin-class-changes/490700/45?u=daromir-onyxia

Link to an update from the Shadowlands Alpha.

My opinion?

Keep Inquisition. I absolutely love Inquisition.

Re-work Seraphim.

2 Likes

I gotta say I lean more towards Seraphim because it’s an actual cooldown rather than a maintenance buff. Don’t really like either in their current form though. If Inquisition could be passively refreshed by using something or just trigger from HP spenders to begin with so that it isn’t a dead GCD that does no damage, I’d love it. If Seraphim did some actual damage when you pop it like new Blade Flurry did and I wish Sweeping Strikes did for warriors, that’d be great too.

Stuff like Execution Sentence works because it does damage and then what it does. Seraphim and Inquisition need to do that, whichever one is kept or just be passively maintained in the case of Inquisition.

1 Like

I really like inq. And I think the purpose it should serve is to give us more sustain damage so we can compete in pve without making our pvp burst more ridiculous.

I don’t like seraphim because you have to figure out all its interactions with other spells, states, and situations. It lasts 15seconds and costs a gcd so you get 9 gcds from it. It also has 4 haste break points to fit more gcds in the window. Break points wouldnt be so bad if we had more gem sockets and enchants available for our gear like mop and reforging would make a world of difference too but in the game’s current state it will mean a lot of simming. Then there are all the considerations about holding on to seraphim for wings or adds or having 5 holy power etc and holding all these if then statements in our head while doing mechanics and our regular rotation burdens the player with a lot of complexity for very little depth of gameplay.

1 Like

I am an Enhancement shaman and have been for a long long time. I was very pissed when blizzard removed shocks and now they are returning all but earth shock and that was my favorite one. Esp in mop the interaction ss had with shocks. Thats the playstyle I want to return to for shamans. And I do want Earth Shock back. My second char I play the most is ret paladin and I want seals to return for them.

1 Like

I prefer the maintenance buff.
More sustained and I feel like I get more out of it. In my opinion, we already have a burst window - Avenging Wrath. I don’t want another one, whether it is separate from Avenging Wrath or has to be stacked and lined up with Avenging Wrath. Part of the reason I hate Crusade is the ‘ramp-up’ aspect of it. With Inquisition, it’s just a flat buff, allowing for more sustained damage profile.
Also, in particular, I like the buff Inquisition provides. It’s a flat % boost to damage and Haste, the latter being very important to me. It simply makes the spec playable, esp. in leveling or when first reaching level cap with poorly itemized gear.
That flat % is nice even at level cap where point ratings over time for Seraphim would make less and less impact as gear increases (unless the secondary stats of Seraphim get boosted).

Now, all that being said about preferring the maintenance buff, I get what you’re saying.

I think Seraphim should be re-designed closer to what you’re saying. I simply do not think Inquisition has to leave. I don’t think either have to leave, just that one needs a re-design / tweak. My preference on that is for Seraphim to receive said changes rather than Inquisition.
BFA may not have had many successes (or any depending on who you ask), but BFA Ret is one of them in my opinion. Perfect? Absolutely not, but it was better than Legion (and Legion Ret was already pretty nice too).

1 Like

I don’t have a particular preference for either as I only play Ret as an alt but something to notice is that all 3 specs have access to Seraphim in Alpha, in fact the full lvl 40 row is shared among all 3 specs.

This leads me to believe it’s likely that Seraphim stays and Inquisition gets reworked.

A reasonable take.

I hope it is wrong, but that would be the simplest option if the desire of the team is to keep Seraphim for all 3 specs.
Better to re-work 1 spell for 1 spec than 1 spell for all 3.

Obvious necro of the last blue post in the Paladin forum. Please talk to us blues. Lets get some communication going. You don’t have to agree with us but please at least talk to us.

FYI: Looks like ret is getting nerfed hard in SL.

Edit: To the WoW Paladin forum community, if we do get a blue post, please be polite and respectful. Please don’t use it as an opportunity to vent your frustrations with the paladin class at blizzard. We need constructive feedback, not group therapy :innocent:

5 Likes

the least they gotta do is take divine steed off nd put Arm of the Law back, nd reduce the cd for holy power generators on shadowlands, the rotation gets a lot of gaps. Also redesign shield of vengeance nd unbreakable spirit passive

6 Likes

Let’s just be honest here, blizz can say what ever they want about our ST or AOE overpreforming. The reality is were in a bad way atm, worst movement in the game bar none. Our dps is so centered around wings that w/o it we hit like a wet noodle. Our rotation is clunky as all hell cus far too many abilities were put on the gcd. Wings/inq/hammer etc. Its a 3-4 gcd rotation before I can even start dpsing…

Now they are taking away wisdom and kings for some completely unintelligible reason, they refuse to make the charger ability halfway useful. They give us craptastic abilities like aura of retribution (I mean really blizz…)

I can see it now, ret usually has trouble early expac cus of low haste. I just forsee ret being a complete dumpster spec in SL, honestly no 2 ways about it. It’s sad too cus I LOVE my ret, but no way in hell am I going to play this gimped character in SL unless ret gets some MUCH needed attention.

9 Likes

If things continue they way they are for for Ret going into SL I might have to shelf this toon that I’ve mained since I started playing WoW in Wrath.

6 Likes

How to make the divine steed useful… make it an actual charge like warriors or Ferals or enhance shaman, except on Horse back.

4 Likes

Get rid of the horse. Make the ability behave just like charge and apply hindreance but the animation be wings leap/fly us to the target.

That would be cool af.

5 Likes

So Blizzard has time to nerf our damage output, but we’re years into Wheelchair-mode absolutely no word on how you plan to fix our mobility? Or is a slowable horse that needs and extra GCD for Hand of Freedom just to do what every other class can do more frequently the plan for Ret forward?
I’m just confused because you’re nerfing our damage, when most of us can barely get in range to DO the damage anyway.

8 Likes

That damage nerf was beyond idiotic tbh. So is their insistence on keeping an absolutely horrendous skill in game like charger.

My character randomly farts out a horse, which btw needs me to use freedom like you said. If ret has to be slow blizzard then we need an absolutely MASSIVE damage increase. But you know you could just fix like 60% of our problems by swallowing your pride and bringing back laotl back, I’m beginning to think they wont bring it back just to spite ret players at this point.

My god I hate that fkn horse with a burning passion to rival 10,000 suns.

7 Likes