Ret bubble & burst

Ret being able to do full burst while in bubble is a problem. I know it’s not much of an issue in 3v3s - so they say - but being able to fully immune and do their full burst rotation is excessive.

This is more so a problem in 2s because you’re not always playing with a priest or warrior. While balance is around 3v3, I’d say they should consider input from 2s since its quite popular and still part of the game.

This is a guaranteed trinket/dr cooldown situation if we, on the receiving end don’t respond. They’re eating through a 40% dr wall and a 20% skin like a hot knife through butter.

There’s no cc counterplay since they’re immune. I’d say it should go back to 50% less damage done inside of bubble. Willing to hear all sides. Thoughts?

26 Likes

I agree. Plain and simple.

5 Likes
  • crickets * man i thought I’d see more replies. Either people disagree so much it’s not worth responding or they agree and there’s not much else to be said.

Gonna go with the latter. :sweat_smile:

Got final verdicted for 29.5k yesterday.

Makes sense.

TBH just nerf the damage period the damage in bubble i actually don’t mind as much but yea the burst ret has right now isn’t ok.

5 Likes

Not sure either why that hasent been changed. That’s like a mage being able to cast in block or hunter shooting through turtle. If anything should definitely not being able to do full burst while inside the bubble.

1 Like

Just stop getting outplayed guys. DING DING DING

I’ll be honest right there. Ret is far from being your problem in 2s. It’s literally trash. Its not even in the top 15 specs in 2s while it’s #6 in 3s.

4 Likes

Thanks for your honesty. What I’ve mentioned is my experience in 2’s, not yours. I understand that you probably won’t want to see your spec nerfed, and I get it. It’s fun to be OP.

But certain things must give, and the particular point of concern is doing full dmg while being immune, something you failed to address.

4 Likes

Only Fylerz will give you resistance on this.

5 Likes

I’d listen to any opinion that Fylerz has on the matter, as little as possible

3 Likes

2v2 ret = bad, 3v3 ret = good.

Its been told numerous time that the 50% damage reduction during bubble should come back, I dont need to say it again lmao

1 Like

I found live footage of them being killed by the ret

https://youtu.be/l4UFQWKjy_I

1 Like

Emm, have you considered just trading defensives that in the vast majority of cases have a much shorter cd than bubble and running away? They lose their only defense when they do this, at this point this feels like telling folks in bgs to hit healers first instead of guardian druids.

The dmg can be silly simetimes no1 can disagree with that but I don’t think it’s going to change soon, that Legion rework got us here.

2 Likes

I have a 50% dr, and a 20%. The first one lasts 6 seconds. The second one 12 secs. 20% is nothing for this Ret burst I’m seeing. Besides that my partner or I cannot cc the ret because of bubble.

1 Like

If you die to a Ret with bubble + burst in 2s then that’s a problem with you or your teammate.

I don’t think there is a single meta spec that can’t survive a Rets burst if they use cooldowns at the proper timing. If a Ret wastes their only major defensive skill in the first 10 seconds of a match you should have an easy win if your not out geared or out played.

• Healers all have plenty of tools and most of them can just stand still and take it.
  • Warriors can Parry while taking reduced damage and shielding themselves, or ya know, leap behind a pillar and wait them out?
  • Rogues can immune nearly all of our damage and /dance with cloak. Then use evasion on the next go to dodge everything.
  • IDK how Shaman work too much but I know enhancement can basically full heal during their own burst window, unless you lock them down with CC while bursting them they should not die.
  • Shadow priest have disperse and mindgames that counters ret perfectly.
  • Hunter has turtle and feign death on top of the ability to kite the hell out of a ret.

I can go on and on, every single class has a way to survive our burst, that is not even that amazing compared to every other meta spec atm that kill you just as fast or in an extra global or two.

Warriors have Bladestorm to go Immune to CC after they use warbreaker. They also have an ability that removes fear effects every 1 min and spell reflect to reflect CC.

Rogues have cloak that makes them immune to most CC in the game for 10 seconds. Not that it’s always needed, they have so much CC themselves they can shut down your teammate with Sap followed by a blind and their teammates CC if needed while stun locking you till DR stops the beating from continuing.

DK have AMS making them immune to most CC in the game, and it lasts a good amount of time + a huge magic shield all on a 1 min cooldown.

Basically every one of the slower bulky melee have tools to get out of CC during their burst windows or become immune to it. Ret’s have a 5 min cooldown that can be removed by two very popular classes and only lasts 8 seconds.

those that don’t have ways to deal with enemy CC for a short time have longer burst windows like DH and Monk and mobility to keep on the target.

Ret’s are one of the more squishy classes in the game outside of that 8 second window. In 2s, unless they have a healer it’s fairly easy to force a Ret bubble early and kill them in the next go. There is a reason people always make the Ret a kill target, I do the same it’s fairly easy killing one.

Post on your main (and don’t hide your account so we can see your gear and talents.) and ask for advice. People are pretty friendly and are always willing to give advice to people when dealing with Ret’s. All your change would do is hurt lower skilled Ret’s so you don’t need to learn how to play and counter them. Ret’s are noob killers but higher skilled players can counter them without major issues in their current state.

2 Likes

My issue is with you being 100% immune to everything while doing said burst. We can trade back and forth about defensives, but if you think it’s okay to be immune while doing burst, I feel like you’re delusional.

2 Likes

Post on your main, show me your character and I will help teach you how to kill Ret’s and survive. Only bad Ret’s even do this outside of situations were the enemy messed up and gave you a kill window.

Tell me what spec you play with too unless it’s randoms.

1 Like

You still haven’t answered my question.

Dont forget mobility to dip out if they needed too, don’t need to use a cd when my 25 second fsk will do fine

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s okay when a class deals horrible damage outside of their burst and poor mobility to have a small window were they can’t be effected by CC. It’s 8 seconds, you should not be dead in that window on the Ret’s first opener unless you made a mistake.

Rogues have it, Warriors have it, DK have it, druids have it with Poly, roots and slows and the other classes are ranged or have long burst windows and good sustain damage and mobility for high uptime unlike Ret.

Again, post on your main and let me give you some advice or are you just another troll who has no clue what he’s talking about?

I don’t mind getting tips, also not scared to show my main. You can checkpvp me. Gravepaw-Spirestone. I’m not a high rated player, but I find the burst with bubble oppressive. 8 seconds is longer than my wall.

If I blow my trinket to get out of hoj (playing double dps) then the partner can put me in a spear of bastion and I’m done for.

1 Like