Restrict Need Rolls in LFD

So we’re ok with priests needing on swords, paladins needing on daggers, druids needing on 2h swords, etc?

What you mean to say is it doesn’t stop plate ninjas. But I think that stopping some ninjas is better than stopping none of them.

1 Like

Ahh the first step towards personal loot.

Sorry OP but I vote no.

2 Likes

r00d

I mean they removed the disenchant roll too, which is custom. It does not make sense that a need roll is possible, if the item is not even equippable. If the need roll to grief others is removed, it does only provide positives for the game.

1 Like

Ah yes, the terrible slippery slope fallacy. Always a good one.

1 Like

We’re seeing play out right before our eyes with Wrath’s changes. It just becomes subjective where on the slope you are.

Take the token; I’m all for it. Others have made their opposition to it quite clear.

Well first, that’s not really an argument. you’re just saying things. Second you’re the only real person I see here in opposition to it. Care to give some actual discussion or are you just here to winge about a change that either won’t affect you, or does affect you because you’re the ninja.

2 Likes

Best I can do against your slippery slope cliche.

There’s nothing to discuss. My opinion is that you’re just being a crybaby about losing out on the rolls because even in this system, you still got to roll for it before you lost out on it.

Your suggestion almost sounds exactly like personal loot to me; and, I don’t want to see it mess with the classic loot system.

The DE nerf was bad enough.

So let me reiterate my opinion…

Stop being a crybaby and hope you roll out the win like the rest of us.

Please refrain from break CoC to insult me and instead have a conversation. You are right, I am upset that I lost the roll. The roll for a tanking 1h sword to a healing druid who was being rude constantly in party chat to others and decided to grief me. And my stance is that we have the capability to reduce that from happening, so we should do that since it’s a simple solution that doesn’t change the way loot works in general.

But it objectively isn’t the same. Personal loot is where the game decides on the backend who wins the loot first, and then that piece is generated based on the player that it selected. What I am suggesting is that loot still drops, that you still roll for it against other players, but that players who literally are incapable of equipping boss bop drops can only roll greed and not need.

Again I will kindly ask you to follow the CoC if you want to keep having this discussion like an adult.

2 Likes

And I rolled on a needle-encrusted scorpion as a healer too. An Item both that druid and I could use. No ninja at all by my book.

Without going into details, your system is the unfair one, and I don’t care for it. It’s as simple as that.

You want to change this system that I like, just to make it easier on you to win gear? The answer is NO and push your personal loot system unto Cata. Don’t want you messing with what I like, sorry.

1 Like

Druids cannot equip 1h swords, what does this have to do with my situation? You can equip a trinket, my proposal would not affect you at all.

Unfair how? It ONLY affects items you absolutely cannot ever use at all period. Are you just ignoring what I am saying?

That’s not the situation. If you are rolling need on equipment that you cannot equip there is a problem. That is called griefing.

So you enjoy need rolling on items you cannot use intentionally to take them away from other players?

2 Likes

Yes, to all of it. There is no reason to not have the more modern RDF, fully equipped with the ability to list yourself as LFG and add LFR functionality before Cata.

Warriors get to roll need on almost everything and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Have fun losing your healing shield/weapon to a warrior that wants crystals… after all they can roll need because they can equip it.

Again, the existence of things not fixed by this is not a reason to not fix the things that can be.

1 Like

All of these bugs from the 3.4.3 and the fact that the LFD/RDF wasn’t properly implemented the same way that it was in the original WOTLK is baffling honestly. The Need Before Greed (NBG) needs to be implemented ASAP. One more way to get rid of the gatekeepers. I’m glad RDF is here but NBG AND disenchanting needs to be added just like it was in the original WOTLK.

Please make sure to add this to the official thread. The more people we have posting NBG, the better chances the devs won’t be able to ignore it again.

It’s understandable with a small indie company like this, that there would be some issues. After all, they can’t even handle proper forum moderation. They are really just struggling to put together something great. Give them a chance.

Implemented because people have the inability to police themselves? All these alleged loot griefers I have yet to encounter. Granted, one may argue that my experience doesn’t represent the whole, however I say the same for yours. “Intentionally need rolling on boss loot to grief other players.”

Was there a conversation when the group started as to the loot rules, especially since you clearly wanted an item from a particular instance? Was there a conversation when the item dropped about letting you roll “Need” as it was an upgrade? Intentionally griefing? Did you check with the player and they expressly said they were rolling strictly to ensure you dd not get the item? Seems odd.

Perhaps a lack of communication resulting in your disappointment that you lost a roll is the true problem, here.

No I will say that your experience regardless of what it is doesn’t change what is applicable and the fact that there isn’t a valid reason to allow players that cannot equip BoP items to need roll on them. Something everyone against such a change seems to want to repeatedly avoid and ignore.

A druid cannot equip a bop tanking sword. This is a bending over backwards to avoid the topic argument. None of that is relevant when they can’t equip the item.

Engage with the point. You’re just wrong and won’t accept that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.