Restore Gilneas Because

im hoping the next expansion will focus on racial identity like how legion focused on class and bfa focused on faction, perhaps they could give each race their own race hall, worgen get gilneas, gobbos get kezan, gnomes get gnomeragann, ect

1 Like

Yeah, those are feral sheep.

After a Worgen gets all the sheep in the pen, he reports back to the farmer: “All 40 accounted for”.
“But I only have 36 sheep” says the farmer.
“I know” says the Worgen. “But I rounded them up”.

I don’t get it…

the worgen got new sheep

Ok, he found four more and rounded them all up to give them to the farmer. I get it now.

Imagine the Night Elves and Worgen/Gilneans halls in Gilneas. Fix also the forest; after all, the Night Elves are in tuned with nature. We Worgen need trees…

3 Likes

… no… it’s a mathematical joke. 36 rounded up is 40, so the worgen “rounded them up” and reported that the 36 were “all 40”…

1 Like

I would go for it, Stormwind is a hole that flows even further down into Goldshire. Close the tram off and dig a new one to Gilneas. Alchemists could probably make a fortune on flea and tic medications as well.

Gilneas as a hub makes so much sense. Night Elves can replant the forest. Gilneans without the curse can also help with farming, and government matters in the city, while those dog-looking Gilneans can work to restore peace in the area and fend off any pity attack by the Horde.

2 Likes

Having a capital close to the Undercity, even though it was destroyed makes sense. There is not an Alliance hub north on that continent and the Horde can relocate resources there easily by being unchecked and unaccounted for.

Restore Gilneas because it’s just a really nice looking place, and it would be great to have a “new” city to hang around in.

Maybe next expansion Genn takes over as high king of the alliance and all the main goings on move to Gilneas!

In order to keep all low areas interesting, especially now in BFA, Blizzard should consider having quests on all capital cities. Even the Goblins in Aszhara should have something there.

The players (based on their race) should receive a call to return to their city. There, a series of quests shall be completed. Whether these quests are for recruitment, or for exploration, or strategically decimate the opposition, these quests should be at least enticing to the player base.

Thinking of the Iron Dwarves, they could use their abilities to travel and spy on a specific race (goblins preferably). Then return with the information gathered. Another quest will be to check the progress of azerite in Silithus, and return with new information. Then, start the process to get together with Ironforge and work on specific weapons to help the Alliance cause against the Horde.

The developers and Blizzard should remember Battle for Azeroth was done to have both factions fight. Well, make it more specific.

I remember when Greymane promised Liam they were going to return home after the starting quests in Cataclysm. The exact words I obviously don’t remember. So, it would be great to bring the Gilneans back home.

And Gilneas itself can be repaired. Many refugees would not mind starting over in their city, the same city they loved. I would even go further and have players helping in some specific quests on the rebuilding of Gilneas. That would be more immersive and would bring the players close to the story.

1 Like

Everything is instanced at this point so theres really no excuse that if you’ve finished certain quest lines you should be able to interact with a fully restored Gilneas. And the same goes for the Night borne city of Suramar. After Insurrection there shouldn’t be demon in that city. Just a fully functional hard to navigate capital city.

I agree. There should be instanced (just like Darkshore being destroyed and going back in time). There should be something similar. Plus, have the Gilneans celebrate their return, and rebuild their city. Greymane and his wife should return back to Gilneas and rule his people rather than stay in refugee status. It’s time to bring back Gilneas to a place we players have not seen. At least have this expansion bringing Gilneans back and rebuilding their city with the Night Elves, and the next expansion, have the city fully restored.

While I’m all for Gilneas getting spruced up I’m more eager for BRD to get updated as an Alliance city seeing as it’s way cooler than all the other cities.

2 Likes

Blackrock Depths rocks (figuratively and literally). It would be nice to have it spruced, but because it is a newer site, it won’t get updated for a few more expansions, according to the trend Blizzard does it. However, Gilneas should be primed for an update. Come on, 8 years…

1 Like

Restore Gilneas? How about restoring Gnomeregan…not done since day one.

2 Likes

They’ll probably do it in a book and never represent it in game. Sort of like how the Exodar was fully repaired in a short story after the Shattering novel.