Druids and Travel Forms

While this is under WoW Classic, I feel this should apply for all of WoW - the ability to cast restoration spells and revivals and such in travel form. I mean, we use the travel form for so much, it only makes sense to have a speedier form that can quickly get to you in order to heal and then get behind your tank or DPS.

EDIT: Thank you all of your contributions, however I now have a different question to poise - if one were to utilize the travel form for another purpose, what would you propose?

Or would you rather they stay as methods of travel, though perhaps added onto?

I am eager to see what people may come up with, even if only theoretical.

You want to heal as a cat?

We can already use two healing abilities in Feral form, I said travel form (i.e the one where it vaguely speeds you along but has no other purpose + can be outrun by Feral druids).

Cheetah is a cat :cat2:

This is about being able to use restoration spells in any barbershop form of the travel form, cheetah included.

Do you think gnomes should be allowed to be druids? If so, what animals should their default travel form be?

Or hear me out. Just give permanent TBC servers.

2 Likes

There are private servers out there I’m sure you’d enjoy that are of TBC.

You think Resto Druids should be able to cast all of their heals in Travel Form?

Have you ever done WSG? That would be insanely broken.

Yeah… Uhh… Why?

Which ones?

No, but if so a whippet.

:woman_shrugging:

The same could be said about the ability to heal from travel form… but here we are.

In the Classic forum folks tend to like this version of the game. Druids have a fairly well defined class fantasy of a form for each of their roles and switching between then to play cross role. It’s actually quite fun and, as druids are my favourite Vanilla class, something I really enjoy.

I know that personally, I wouldn’t really want this. You might have more traction in a retail forum though because that class fantasy has blurred a lot over the decades. I know my retail resto druid didn’t really hold to the same class fantasy. I think a heal from travel form might have some PvP implications that might not fly, but I don’t think rez would matter all that much. The only difference would be a global to shift out of form (which I think retail has these days) which can still be impactful in PvP situations, but maybe not that much?

Also…

Maybe you don’t in Era. I mean I do, but most folks don’t :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh man; lemme try to address everything in here… I’m fairly new to the actual forums so please forgive any mistakes.

Honestly? No, I haven’t - I joined late when the first expansion for Warlords of Draenor came out and, foolishly, used a booster I had gotten with it - I deeply regret not going through each expansion in the correct order at my own pace, as now I flail trying to do my best with very little knowledge on all the strategies in the game, though I am learning through guides and such.

I’m new to the forums and for some reason, I could see them but not post in them, my apologies.

I did not know this, actually! I personally was thinking more about putting some sort of use more than simply travel forms into the more deer-type forms simply because I thought it fitting, and that the speed boost would help, though I can see that would likely be rather overpowered now - I don’t have any experience in PvP yet to speak of despite being on the game for years, not really knowing how to start there.

Thank you all of your contributions, however I now have a different question to poise - if one were to utilize the travel form for another purpose, what would you propose?

Or would you rather they stay as methods of travel, though perhaps added onto?

I am eager to see what people may come up with, even if only theoretical.

I vote Roadrunner.
Beep Beep!