Resto/Feral

I am coming back to Resto after a long time away playing other classes. I didn’t change classes because I thought something was wrong with resto, just wanted to mix things up a bit.

Anyway, I use to love the resto with feral affinity playstyle. You know, jump in do some cat dps (which I admit was a lot of swiping) then jump out to heal…rinse and repeat. However, since SL started that all seemed to switch to using balance affinity for the damage portion of resto’s kit. I really didn’t mind that to much, some balance is fun, and well typhoon.

After all that, my question is; when using CS legendary is it more feasible to go back to feral affinity?

1 Like

Not sure what’s that legendary but feral affinity is hard. Not melee friendly in SL. People get constantly hit so it’s hard to jump in and out to dps and heal especially in pugs. Also, i dont think feral does better dps than balance. Resto druid is the lowest dps class unless u have to dps all the time and giving up healing.

I think Balance Affinity is doing more DPS now in theory, but I find I still do a little better with Feral. I just think it’s a better fit in the M+ environment. Balance requires a lot of uninterrupted turret casting to really maximize its DPS. That said, some Affixes really favor ranged over melee. I’ll usually switch for Spiteful or Quaking (depending on how many other melee are in the group), but I don’t find Storming or Sanguine too much of an impediment if I’m on my toes.

I’m not sure how the new legendary affects things. I think Balance Convoke has always been considered superior, so it might actually push things more in that direction.

balance is just a safer bet. It does reliable dmg in almost every situation, whereas feral is a bit limited…

I also prefer the catweaving style, but, I found it does less dps in the long run with far greater risk.

I think the Tormented affix is a bit friendlier for Feral Affinity healers though…might be worth a shot!

I have seen a few higher m+ players use this in recent months (though these players tend to be more experimental in nature).

I still think when a player is choosing a legendary power as a resto druid, they should pick one that’s better for healing…the CS legendary isn’t the best healing choice imo.

anyways, good luck friend :dizzy:

Typhoon is too strong. When Typhoon was baseline, catweaving was good. (Heck, bearweaving had its place in Legion). But now you gotta go Balance for it…

Also, Balance Convoke tends to be better AOE, so if you’re convoking on trash, Balance Affinity is better.

I dunno, I think I may try to still cat weave, although I use Typhoon a whole heck of a lot, I think on non spitefull/sanguine weeks I could get by without it in the kit.

But isn’t that sorta RNG based? I mean you don’t actually know if you will get starfall are not right? (That may be why you said “tends to be” instead of it is). Seems like swipe while way lower on the dmg than a convoke starfall from balance would be a lot more consistent dmg.

I fully admit I could be wrong about that, like I said, just now coming back to resto.

Catweaving in a Mythic pug is proving to be a lot of effort for next to nothing. I’m about to give up. The biggest benefit is trash pulls but rarely can I slap mobs 2 times without scraping a melee or mage off the floor (and then being cursed out).

On boss fights with a tank healing lego it is great and fun. I am assuming it has a place in raids if I ever get there skill-wise. It’s hard to give up that Guardian 6% damage reduction.

1 Like