Resto Druids Need Help/Buffs

2xGladiator, 2700 achieves and all. I’m max 226 gear now from Achieving Duelist 2nd week when all i did was cc, not heal. Now I can’t pull out of the 1700s 3s bracket. Call me bad, or Rdruids bad… or Blizzard devs bad. I dont really care, account expires soon and quarantine ends. I’ll never be back if I dont see an Rdruid buff soon. Promise XD

5 Likes

Resto isn’t bad in M+ or Raid, perfectly fine, PvP is where the struggle lives

Give Back 2x Swiftmend, or give two stacks of SOTF, Nourish is mega garbo.

2 Likes

When we are 3 months into an expansion and 95-98% of the kills on the last 4 bosses in the raid are excluding Resto Druids, that is far from perfectly fine.

9 Likes

In raiding, rdruid has been suffering from the same problem since BFA: we cannot get HoTs reliably out on people enough to do good spot healing. In BFA, we at least had the numbers to make up for it, but it was also due to rsham being weaker we were able to fill that role. Now, due to rdruid nerfs and sham buffs, we’ve been replaced.

4 Likes

I feel like bring back Living Seed would definitely help, they’d probably still need a buff though, I just miss Living Seed.

I mean beside the fact we need a numbers tuning (like 5-10%) and a mana reduction on a lot of spells (rejuv needs like a 15% mana reduction), rdruid also just doesn’t have the tools to deal with this burst meta. It takes multiple globals to get our HoTs out, when people are dying before we can even get to regrowth spamming. Ironbark is on a 1.5cd, while a lot of the burst specs have goes that just do enough damage to ignore our ironbark anyway . We don’t have damage absorption, which is basically required in this pvp meta right now.

Damage absorption also is great for raiding but you can get by without it (for pve). But we don’t bring nearly the output for spot healing as other healing classes do, and rdruid really just has a big raid wide cd heal combo, which other classes also can bring. Rdruid just isn’t good relative to other healers right now

3 Likes

Resto druids are laughable at best rn. Item lvl 173 and I can barely get through a regular mythic, constantly keeping heals on everyone without time to do any damage, plus group stays at low health. Like I said, laughable.

2 Likes

BFA was alright, unlike now. In Legion Rdruids were gods. Somewhere between BFA and Legion would suffice.

If you’re constantly hotting everyone in the group in dungeons, either you are bad, or they are.
Most of the time there’s only 1-2 people that need heals at any given point. Wasting the GCDs to blanket hot people who aren’t taking, and aren’t going to take, damage, is a waste.
There are pulls and bosses where you don’t get much time to breathe, but you should at least be able to weave sunfires in there.
There are pulls that I get to spend half the time doing damage, and bosses where I can burn Convoke offensively in boomkin form. Heck, it gets easier the higher the keys because people stop standing in stupid and start using interrupts.

That’s the thing though, Holy priest shouldn’t be on the back burner cause they can switch to Disc. All the specs should be more balanced and fixed. Yes holy priest can switch to disc, but why should they be forced to play a spec they may not enjoy just because it’s better than holy. Same argument can be made for several dps as well.

If you enjoy frost mage, why should you be pushed into playing fire?

I see your point and understand Druid and MW only have the 1 healing spec and should be priority. I just think all the classes/specs should be priority and not this “oh, well I didn’t get fixed this week soooo, guess I’m waiting”

It’s crappy that we’re forced into that mentality because blizzard isn’t wanting to address the classes at once and only wants to fix a handful here and there. I’m glad classes are getting balanced, but it just sucks for everyone else waiting in the back going. “Guess that’s another week no one will want to take me for keys”

3 Likes

Well you Druids are better then 2 other healing specs and are falling behind 2-3 others. Seems about balanced to me.

Can’t be god tier every xpac. Might have to take a seat to the back of the bus for a couple tiers.

5 Likes

I generally agree and when it comes to M+ we are really good. We aren’t in the same spot as MW or HPriest who are genuinely bad. We just aren’t AS good as shamans, paladins or disc.

Although for raids… druid is not good at all but to be fair I don’t really see how to fix that without a fundamental rebalance of the class or encounters as HoT’s just don’t mesh well with other healers.

2 Likes

Can you spread this wisdom into your fellow DHs threads too?? I don’t think they can comprehend it from anyone who’s not a DH themselves :frowning:

5 Likes

The issue is that - especially in raids - the 3 top healing specs are accounting for over 95% of the healing representation on any of the difficult/last 5 mythic bosses. That basically means that you aren’t able to do that content while playing the spec, which is a huge issue. Your point about being better than 2 other healing specs is irrelevant and misleading because (1) one of those specs has a respec button they can press and immediately be one of the meta specs so it doesn’t count IMO (2) in saying Druids are better than MW, all you’re saying is that 3% representation is better than 2% - it’s a near total irrelevancy when the meta specs have 30%+ representation. That in no way is balanced.

Also, the last time the spec could remotely be considered “god tier” in raids is maybe the first tier of Legion - that was 5 years and 2.5 expansions ago at this point. Disc Priests and Holy Paladins have been meta in raids going back 10+ years consecutively, and Resto Shaman have been meta for most of that time too. If you’re going to argue for cyclical class balance - there needs to actually be a cycle.

Yes, Druids were OP in M+ in BfA and Legion, but realistically, that was a justified saving grace for how mediocre they were in raids. In comparison, Paladins and Disc Priests were amazing in raids but mediocre in M+. There was some relative level of balance. There is 0 balance whatsoever when Disc Priests, RShaman and Holy Paladins surpass Druids in M+ and raids, and PvP

11 Likes

I don’t even think the current HoT design is really that much of an issue. The spec does plenty of throughput on Mythic encounters when actually allowed to be in the raid, which you can see from WCL aggregates. There’s enough damage going out for HoTs and throughput to be fine and comparable to Shaman/Priest/Paladin.

The issue is more that they aren’t being brought to the raid in the first place (1/10 to 1/20 of the representation of the top 3 classes on 6/10 to 10/10M fights), because they don’t have the utility or damage reduction cooldowns or passive DPS contribution to bring enough value to a raid spot like the meta specs do.

The fix is obvious - either Resto Druids and Mistweavers need to be given significant extra raid utility - probably adding something with the power level of Barrier, SLT, Spirit Shell or Devo Aura to the kit outright - or they need a buff such that they do so much more healing than Priests/Shaman/Paladins that you need to bring at least 1 of those specs, and just stacking the 3 meta specs means you won’t have the throughput to get bosses down.

1 Like

you can get ilvl 197 set from covenant quest, noob

The slippery slope problem that I think Bliz is afraid of is ending up with too much homogeneity. If you give everybody the exact same tools, there’s no difference in the specs.
They won’t do something like make a stacking DR from Tranq’s HoT, or something.
Really our utility used to be mobility. Which means we’d be better off getting something like mobile tranquility back, and a small boost to rejuv because it’s instant.

2 Likes

For M+, HoT’s don’t feel powerful enough and it takes a lot more GCD’s to heal the group up, especially “emergency” healing. This leaves less GCD’s for damage which also costs a GCD to shapeshift.

In Raids (I only do Heroic), we can do some very solid HPS… but that isn’t necessarily saving peoples lives. We stabilise the raid while the other healers top everyone up… but if they don’t get topped off, HoT’s often aren’t enough to stop them dying. We just slow the bleeding, we don’t stop it.

All in all, the Healers are incredibly diverse… problem is, the content isn’t. DR & Passive DPS are in hot demand (always have been) and this is where Healers are vastly unbalanced.

5 Likes

I have enjoyed raiding and bgs as resto. Decided this xpack to try healing rather than tanking or melee dps. Needed a change to keep me interested. As far as mythic+ I havent figured it out quite yet as resto or the pugs are bad but I just boomy. Either way in my raid comp I dont feel super underwhelming in comparison to the hpals and rshams.

Because you need to do mythic raiding for the issue to even really appear.