Resto druid feels terrible by comparison

I’ve been playing on my Rdruid in 3’s lately, and it just feels awful. (472 Ilevel, 44% vers, 30% haste).

I just don’t understand how to move health bars up. Like the heals feel so ridiculously weak compared to other healers. Full hots>regrowth spam while using Swiftmends + Soul of the forest, and it still isn’t enough.

And then I start thinking about what defensives we bring for our team, and that amounts to a whopping Ironbark. Like is this even a joke? Let’s set Ironbark beside BoP and Sacrifice. That alone is just laughable.

Then I start thinking about other talents compared to other classes. Bash vs. Leg sweep. Single target and talented vs. AoE and baseline. Bash vs. Hoj. (Talented, baseline again).

What I am missing here with the kit discrepancy? What does Ironbark do against rogues, destro’s and mages? I understand that there are resto druids up in the clouds, and I would love to watch the games. Like how do you heal? Through dampening, and potentially through a Mortal Strike effect?

I was also doing some 2’s, and about three minutes in my rejuv’s were healing myself for 3400 a tick. 3400, on 510k health. Like is it a known thing that hots are way undertuned or am I just missing something with the healing?

1 Like

Rdruid was very strong last season so they nerfed your mastery, lowering your HPS, and gave DPS huge burst potential with corruptions, exceeding druid HPS by a lot.

This is always the problem with druid HoTs. They either are enough HPS and druids utility makes them great, or they aren’t enough HPS and then you can just train through them.

6 Likes

yea rdruid is pretty bad rn you just have to play with mage/lock or a tanky melee cleave that dont need to be instantly healed from like 20 to 100%

this - from comp to comp rdruid is incredibly different. spriest/lock was the easiest thing to heal even though double melee would sit a single target for ages. but try and heal double melee and after first go…it is over (for me anyway)

i know this doesnt entirely relate to arenas but earlier today i fought a resto druid in a BG and he somehow did 69 million heals total. ive never seen anything like it before… i hit that guy with every single CD i had and his hp never went below 100%

WTF.

his name was ohhbobsaget. a total fu***** BEAST

cries in shaman

You are playing it wrong I think. You want to go full mastery build and queue with lock firemage.

Problem is Rdruid got a mastery nerf on top of the pace of the meta multiplying x10000. Rdruid generally can’t keep up with the pace of the meta and also do all of their cute Rdruid things…constant drinks, restealth stuns, clones, etc. They also don’t have oh s*it immunity life cocoon / BoP / Sac that is so incredibly valuable with how fast the pace is so the class just feels really bad.

HoTs will always feel weird to me. Let alone a spec full of them

down with teh resto druids!!! nerf em again!!!

2 Likes

I swear rdruid isn’t terrible ppl are heavily sleeping on it.

Only weakness is they oom… well they get drinks just as easy as a destro lock landing a fear.

They’re still the only healer that can literally sit bear form (with the right verse) and not come close to dying for minutes.

interesting name on your Baby Winston pet…

6 Likes

i wanna know what im doing wrong, i got 18 verse and 18 haste lol. how the duck everyone get that much… even with corruptions on my other toons im lucky to break 30% vs and then im stuck like 20 haste

Oh no

3 Likes

Mastery for rdruid scales insanely well compared to vers/haste, I’d imagine this is the problem.
300-400k+ regrowth crits are common with the right setup

Just q mld, problem solved ez cr

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This got me worse than Thugrruption’s call out

Edit: Also, his Dutiful Gruntling…

1 Like

Or his Black Adder Hatchling…

1 Like

Just see it as practice. Then In early Shadowlands you will have Son Goku fast reaction time for a probably very slow meta.

How can you see a pet nickname? I look at the armory and it just shows Baby Winston level 1.