Reserving gear

Did this asshattery exist back in vanilla? I honestly can’t remember. I know guilds sponsored raids would sometimes do this when they were like 80% of the raids, but I don’t remember it in dungeon runs.

Literally every other UBRS/BRD run in LFG has some entitled kid trying to reserve gear at this point and it’s getting out of hand. Those that don’t need the “reserved” gear need to start refusing to join said groups. If you want to reserve gear then utilize guild runs.

3 Likes

it is more prevalent now but it did exist back in the day as well. If you dont want to deal with it all you have to do is form the group yourself instead of joining others. He who does the work gets to make the rules.

2 Likes

It did not. We instead just built groups that would not compete for us with gear.

2 Likes

Farm your own key, make your own group bud.

1 Like

Not the point, bud. I do start my own group. It’s just comical at this point and we should make a point to avoid these groups. Last night there were 2 groups going and both LFM for a while (one reserved, one not). Leave the entitled kid’s group and join the non-reserved group.

1 Like

Or, just ignore something that has no effect on you bud. You’re the only entitled kid here demanding people play this game in your specific way.

2 Likes

Ignorant poster gonna be ignorant.

3 Likes

why come to the forum to cry?

1 Like

Sounds like we found another guy who tries to reserve gear on the reg :joy:

2 Likes

Well judging by this thread it’s another case of “everyone is ignorant except me.” Grow up man.

1 Like

Judging both of you by your toxic posting histories you should probably grow up yourself. I came in and asked a question about vanilla because I don’t remember people being so entitled back then. I think the pre-BIS guides made it worse. If you would like to troll, feel free to go back to reddit.

1 Like

omg is this guy still on his cry baby stuff lol

2 Likes

First paragraph was okay. Second paragraph is where it broke down.

Go troll elsewhere. Thanks.

1 Like

I disagree with refusing to join from a couple main points.

Most people don’t start reserving gear until they have run a decently absurd amount of dungeons for that item, or if they have had the item repeatedly taken by someone else (which ties with running the instance a bunch).

If you don’t need the item, but need other stuff then why not join? I do not think people are being entitled especially if they are upfront about an item being reserved.

Example: “LFM Jed/Rend Runs Main Hand Reserved” - The fact that they include Jed in here means they are being considerate of casters, casters who need the trinket are going to join, rogues and others who need the offhand will join etc. It ends up being a win all around.

“LFM Arena/Angerforge Runs! Chain on reserve!” - Again 1 item, and that boss may not even spawn, if you need something off of one of the other bosses or angerforge then why not join?

Now I am sure there are situations where being ARE being entitled, but the items that are typically reserved are very small drop chances, it makes sense to increase your odds of getting the item you want and there is plenty of other loot available to people who do want to run it.

1 Like

Most of the time, it’s to give people a chance to group up. I was very thanking for all those BRD runs with as one of their warriors get their Hand of Justice Trinket.

I was able to get carried through, get great gear, money, and experience!

At this stage a majority of everyone needs the gear. I disagree - if its an item that’s a low drop (HoJ or mainhand Dalrend) I think its an even worse look to try and reserve these since a very low % of people have even seen any of those items drop.

I’ve actually seen several lvl 59s trying to reserve UBRS gear, lol.

1 Like

No I don’t remember it being this bad. You also didn’t see warriors and hunters snatching leather right and left…BIS websites have made running instances a damn nightmare. I honestly can’t wait to watch these same players get hacked to pieces when pvp goes into full effect. There is a reason for mail and plate. The Dals were never an issue for me, because I always preferred daggers over swords in pve and for sure in pvp. Make no mistake…players may have a better understanding of the game due to the crazy amount of data and information out there… the things you’re experiencing is not how it was when the game originally released.

1 Like

it existed but it wasn’t this bad, I’ve been putting people on ignore if they spam for a reserved run. Hopefully by the time I’m 60 the people I group with will be the type who know they are playing an MMO and you don’t get to guarantee yourself a drop. Personal loot is for retail, not classic.

level 47 :slight_smile: go back to retail, you realize that personal loot was designed for people like you right? complain about master looter instead of making your own group and not whining about it on the forums?