Request for Night-Time Maintenance Scheduling in World of Warcraft

Dear Blizzard, I am extremely frustrated with the current maintenance schedule for World of Warcraft. Many players, myself included, rely on the game for entertainment during our downtime, which is typically during the day. Scheduling maintenance during these hours is disruptive and inconvenient. I strongly suggest that you schedule maintenance during nighttime hours, when the majority of players are not actively using the game. This would minimize the impact on your dedicated player base and demonstrate a commitment to providing a better gaming experience for all.

139 Likes

I agree I wrote a whole post about it.

12 Likes

6 am is pretty much night time still. And its even earlier than their usual 8 am shut down. So for someone living in california time, this is taking things into consideration.

12 Likes

“scheduled for maintenance for the next three hours” was never a thing when I went to bed last night. Wednesday scheduled maintenance? In what universe is maintenance on a Wednesday we just had scheduled maintenance on our weekly Tuesday. The Tuesday before that was not good enough had to extend that boy twice over total of 9hours. Want some actually feed back blizzard? How about you do this so-called “scheduled for maintenance” during early morning 3am like how you use to do it back in Lich King not when your America population is waking up, you ain’t catering to the Chinese with these 9 am reset maintenance can tell you that much we lost them on the 23rd, really not doing anyone favors here doing back to back maintenance days right in the morning.

27 Likes

Its night-time somewhere atm.

17 Likes

Why are so many of you people playing the game during business hours?

I get some folks work odd schedules but come on. All of you?

48 Likes

you want them to schedule maintenance for when they’re off the clock and sleeping? that’s a brain dead take

54 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

I keep weird sleep hours, so could you please call me before your maintenance’s so that I can tell you if it’s okay to schedule it? Thanks. I have documentation from NASA stating that the world does, indeed revolve around me…

78 Likes

I think you should be prepared for disappointment… and some disagreement below.

6 Likes

Then they can stay up, we want to play the game we pay for.

6 Likes

Tell the IT professionals – who are human beings with lives and families just like we do – that they need to pull 3rd shift duty in order to service your frustration. Tell them in person. On Zoom. Then post that on Youtube.

These people aren’t “the help” – invisible servants who just do what you want them to do. They’re highly trained professionals who put in long hours and bring a high level of enthusiasm and dedication to their jobs.

How about this – instead of making Blizzard employees work 3rd shift to accommodate your current emotional state, why don’t you adjust your personal schedule and play 3rd shift?

57 Likes

yes, all of us lmao

3 Likes

Take your entitlement somewhere else

34 Likes

okay Gnomey, chill lmao

2 Likes

If they’re going to do 2-3 “planned” maintenances a week then they need to think of a better time to do so.

You are aware 6AM PST is 8AM CT and 9EST right? O_o It is not night.

I work from home for a very large multi-national IT company.
Some days I offer to work “off-shore” hours to assist the off-shore teams. So some days, 6-9AM CT is peak time for me.

6 Likes

First off not everyone lives in the same time zone or works same shift. Also forcing your IT to do work during the night is risky. You want unions this is how you get a IT union at your company.

25 Likes

Request Denied

10 Likes

I’m in arizona so to me, 6 am is still “nah this is dark time. I’m staying in bed still”.

4 Likes

I have no problems telling IT professionals that 1 day per week they have to work extended hours…either that or spread maintenance out over 3 to 4 days and do 40 to 50 servers maintenance each day.

Time for Blizzard to start thinking outside the box…I can think of no other game I have played in the past 30 years that does this sort of horrible maintenance schedule.

9 Likes

Wait a second…

What if this is corporates new method of slowing down content consumption? Just shut down servers several times a week and that will make us stay subbed longer?