Reprisal: Best served cold or booming voice

No longer are the days we could extend the duration of DS with TC along with reducing it’s cd from rage spent so coming from BFA i feel Demo has gone down the list in priority. With that being said I have always taken booming and praised it for its versatility of making what normally is a def cd an offensive one as well.

Now we have reprisal and since it’s induction I was convinced that BSC is going to outweigh the benefits of Booming, but only offensively, more specifically aoe.

I’ve been using BSC since reprisal and can say I’ve changed my gameplay to a more offensive type, that is, dumping rage on revenge and prioritizing revenge over TC even when I don’t have a proc. The one downside to this is I have noticed I use demo shout ALOT less then I used too. I also do miss the spot rage it provided and the synergy it has with our pvp talent.

I notice a lot of prots still running booming. Do we know the difference in dps? Imo demo is survivability while BSC is dmg

Zug zug

I think it will mostly depend on your playstyle and what more needed, booming voice can line up nicely with avatar/ravager for bigger burst window, while BSC would be better constant damage.

Also when kyrian warrior unlock the last soulbind of the owl guy, the spear will get to be a 40 sec cd if it hit 5 target. So it line up with every demo shout burst window even better that could be the piece to put put booming voice on top of BSC

With the intro of reprisal, and the power it holds, booming voice is taking a backseat. I played around with both a LOT and found BSC to just perform better. Every pull you’re going to get at least 2 procs, once on the charge in and once on the intervene, that’s consistent value from BSC.

It felt weird at first, but with time you’ll get used to it. You’re revenge button is a lot more valuable and demo has taken a huge backseat. That said, I think my utilization of demo has gone up a lot. I use it strategically for defense vs. charging in and demo shouting each pack just for damage… now I’m doing comparable damage each pull and more overall and have an extra defensive button that is almost always up.

2 Likes

Typically with Reprisal Legendary, Best Served Cold will benefit the best due to proccing Revenge!.

You COULD do Booming Voice for extra Rage and apply a Damage debuff…

Demo Shout is primarily a Defensive. Just stating.

Gonna agree here 100% it is nice to see a rotational/priority shift from the booming/tc/avatar that engulfed all of BFA and some of S1

Now what would be nice is if WW could become useful. I very much dislike useless abilities and here is one of then (30 rage cost? Cmon) I would like to see the meat cleaver effect go into it or possibly scrap it and give us sweeping strikes

1 Like