Reporting DDOS Attack

They caught the last people who did this, hackers are not impervious to being caught, it usually comes down to how big of a mess you make because resources to spend on cyber crime is limited and there’s a lot of cyber crime being committed.

1 Like

Erm, you don’t seem to understand 12 year olds, nor how much more sophisticated they are with computers compared to how things “used to be”.

You can learn a lot just by using Youtube, etc, and where there’s a will, there’s a way… ANYways, the actual point of all this is, don’t go posting links (or be surprised at others that do) as it’d only magnify an offender’s impact otherwise it’ll just ripple outwards, and you’d just end up aiding them rather than stopping them.

I hope they are charged and put in jail.

1 Like

can we get double experience next Saturday for losing today.

2 Likes

I actually understand 12 year olds in this context quite well, since i’ve been working in k-12 IT support for 7 1/2 years, at a company that specializes in k-12 IT support. I’ve been directly involved in foiling a number of child hackers, and I know about what ages they start to attempt nefarious things and what ages they begin succeeding.

People have a wildly inflated idea of what children are capable of with technology primarily because of their own unfamiliarity with it. Any little thing seems impressive to them, so if the child seems like a natural with using an ipad(a user friendly device) surely they could hack the pentagon!? Except that is fiction, something from a kids movie or tv show.

Even if they are one of the child prodigies who really is that advanced, it still takes a lot of resources to carry out a successful DDOS on a large and hardened target. It either takes money to buy access to those resources, or it takes more knowledge than a child is going to garner from a couple of youtube videos.

“ANYways, the actual point of all this is, don’t go posting links (or be surprised at others that do) as it’d only magnify an offender’s impact otherwise it’ll just ripple outwards, and you’d just end up aiding them rather than stopping them.”

But does it really? If you notice, i’m not posting any links myself. I don’t think i would be accomplishing anything by doing it, but I am really skeptical that anyone is being aided or any serious harm is likely from people who are.

If you click and drag your mouse over the text, a "quote dialog will pop up that you can click on that’ll allow you to then quote the highlighted text.

I think that we’ll just agree to disagree, and i’ll have just shown you something new in how to interact with these forums in the future…

… just as how a kid might be shown something on the internet and could also ‘monkey see, monkey do’ if there’s enough simplicity in said “how-to” video to emulate.

Cheers!