Reported. Reported! Gah

Always, part of the deal

Bah! who needs a permit?

Woohoo, I do love a good glass of lemonade. It’s kinda warm today, though in true New England fashion, tomorrow is a high of 58.

62 and rainy here in Salem Oregon, gas prices are at $5.39 per, and all is well

Blackberry or Raspberry lemonade!

Check this out man, judge should be like…guilty. Peace.

$5.09 here currently.

Seems like the easiest fix would just be to take away the tick box for profanity and then when someone circumvents and swears, we know it was deliberate and not accidental making the use of stronger punishment an option :slight_smile:

I may accidentally say something wrong IRL, esp when things go horribly wrong. I don’t type something accidentally then hit Enter.

The two circumstances are not comparable. We agree not to use profanity. I do use it IRL at times, but only when I know it is ok. Unless really really out of it, my fingers don’t just type on their own.

3 Likes

There has to be a motive to take that time and effort, yes? Be it retaliation, meanness, frustration…nobody just stops to type “Hi, you suck at this game, but I like you and I want to be your friend!”. It always ends up being something negative and hurtful.

Honestly most of the counters I have read in this thread distill down to “I am going to do what i want, and if you try to stop me, you are oppressing me. I am not here to listen, I am here to make sure you understand I am right, and I WIN.”

Realistically it really doesn’t matter in the larger picture, the rules are there and most of us don’t have a problem with them. Once in awhile we get a chance to be entertained by the rebellious bug that flies into the zapper :skull:

3 Likes

It’s definitely something new. The phrase Cancel culture took off and gained popularity in 2019. It started and began really after 2014 with the me too movement.

Not sure what crazy hoops you are trying to jump through to tell us Cancel culture started in the 50’s and been around forever because it hasn’t. This is a new thing that started very recently. (in the last 4 years)

This just in: Knob players are mad they might get reported now for being Knobs. Yet they can still be Knobs in other ways but aren’t creative enough to care. News at 11.

The phrase is new. The action is nearly as old as time.

The fact that it wasn’t called cancel culture didn’t mean the results were any different.

3 Likes

While technically coming from the other side of the ring, this guy was the OG Cancel Dude. If he thought you so much as winked once at a communist, you weren’t supposed to be able to find work or hold office or anything. Pretty sure he ruined a few careers and probably even lives. But people gave him a pass cause they was afraids of the reds.

Read some history before you call bs, it’s apt to what’s going on today even if it’s from the other end of the spectrum.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what you want to call it. The action of “Cancel culture” is something that didn’t become the norm and gain popularity until 2019. These are the facts. Before 2019 it wasn’t frequent and before 2014 it was almost non existent.

Cancel culture is a recent phenomenon that took off in 2019 no matter how you try to spin it. I enjoyed several decades before cancel culture where it didn’t exist.

So you are wrong. It’s too early for this :man_facepalming:

There’s no such thing as ‘accidental’ swearing in game. It’s one thing to accidentally swear IRL. You stub your toe on the coffee table? Letting out a string of curses accidentally would not only be unsurprising, but many people would sympathize (same with accidently bashing your elbow on something or hitting your head).

But swearing in game takes a conscious effort. You can’t just accidently type a curse word. Your fingers have to hammer away at each key and then you have to hit the enter key to send the message. If there’s a curse word in that message you sent, it’s there because you wanted to put it there, not because of some ‘accident’.

1 Like

Not only was cancel culture something that happened often before 2014, it was something happening in WoW from the moment the game went live back in 2004. Whenever there was drama over a ninja looter, or someone was blacklisted from guilds because of their behaviour, they were effectively being ‘cancelled’ and many of the cancelled players either needed to move to a new server or they just quit the game.

Ahnohla is absolutely right. The phrase may be new, but the behaviour behind it is not.

Hell you can even go back into history (both modern and ancient) and find examples of people being cancelled for what they said or did, sometimes with a more lethal punishment. Julius Caesar was ‘cancelled’ by the Senate if you think about it enough.

3 Likes

If you think about it… Jesus was cancelled.

1 Like

Jesus, Nero, Julius Caesar, Abel…

Adam and Eve were tossed out of the Garden of Eden if you believe the myths there after they did something they shouldn’t have, so God technically ‘cancelled’ them when he did that.

Yep. Like I said, since the dawn of time whether we called it cancel culture or not.

1 Like

why is it everyone who wants to spew hate always says this line despite that not being what 1A is for?