Reporting DDOS Attack

Look in the support forum. They’re quite aware and, as the cm notes, we ought not to give this garbage any more publicity. They’re well aware of who is doing this I’m sure.

6 Likes

Yeah, I reported him earlier and made sure to include tweets that were evidence of what he is doing.

2 Likes

I tweeted & reported him to Blizzards twitter…maybe they will notice…It’s Saturday though :frowning:

So… you want to give them more publicity?

2 Likes

I think they are aware? There’s an update for retail that went up a few minutes after the attacks started. My guess: that’s them trying to fix the servers.

Then maybe they’ll press charges? I hope they do. DDoSing is a federal crime.

3 Likes

Yes, they know. It would be lovely if you would edit that link and name out.

12 Likes

Well, I was just trying notify them, wasn’t trying to create a security issue with the link, I will remove it.

3 Likes

You weren’t creating a security issue, just some people don’t want to draw attention to the attention starved adult child who is doing it. I don’t particularly think it matters either way.

2 Likes

What are they going to do with that publicity? Chances are their ego stroking will end with them in prison. I don’t think people mentioning the person are either hurting or helping, seems kind of silly to react like it’s the end of the world if someone posts a link to a twitter account that’s going to be deleted pretty soon after twitter actually pays attention to the reports coming in.

well aware of who is doing this…lol hackers usually don’t post from a unsecure protection of several layers to hide who they are.

Masked profanity isn’t cool. I believe you might want to skim over the forum CoC before you get in trouble.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

1 Like

They did it to us so its our turn

I’m not sure if you’re aware but your on the brink of doxing, which could land you in jail.

Consider your impressionable 12yo tuning into the DDOSer’s twitter feed and being influenced by it, then deciding to copycat the same, but on a grander scale with their friends, but perhaps on the nation’s power grid?

Now multiply that by a dozen 12yo’s. Or more.

Would it be harmless then?

I think you might want to check out your source on that legal advice. Not that it’s advisable to dox people either, but I don’t think the law says what you think it says.

Edit the name out of your post
. We don’t always agree but I like you and want you to stay on the forums

They have been aware of it for some time now.

No offense but that might be the mom-iest thing i’ve ever read. Yes kids are impressionable, but they also don’t typically have the money to hire or time and knowledge to build a functional botnet. This has been done before, the hacker got time in prison. It was in the news. Do you think anyone can even remember their names?

The only reason there is even a concept of copycat crime is sensationalized news reports, and then the same news that create the situation try to make another news story out of it by regularly attempting to make it seem as if copycat crime is more common than it actually is. A forum post would not have the same kind of impact as a news paper article or television coverage. Perhaps a viral social media post might rival the level of impact, but even then there is no guarantee even one person might be inspired to imitate this in any way.

They caught the last people who did this, hackers are not impervious to being caught, it usually comes down to how big of a mess you make because resources to spend on cyber crime is limited and there’s a lot of cyber crime being committed.

1 Like

Erm, you don’t seem to understand 12 year olds, nor how much more sophisticated they are with computers compared to how things “used to be”.

You can learn a lot just by using Youtube, etc, and where there’s a will, there’s a way… ANYways, the actual point of all this is, don’t go posting links (or be surprised at others that do) as it’d only magnify an offender’s impact otherwise it’ll just ripple outwards, and you’d just end up aiding them rather than stopping them.