Report Appeal System Needs to Be Changed

Not surprised, really.

It means I’m happy to follow whatever tangent the conversation follows, as long as it’s more interesting than yours. That’s how we went from whatever you were soapboxing about, to free speech, to covid, to whatever other interesting topic comes along.

As I said, you’re boring. You are going to believe whatever it is you want to believe, independent of any evidence one way or the other. I’m not interested enough to argue or try to convince you.

That begs the question why you find it necessary to do so in my thread and not somewhere else.

Oh nothing really, just a draconian and immoral, automated system that treats people like numbers on a screen rather than human beings seeking to de-stress from a stressful world.

That’s rich coming from you. You’re just making up whatever labels you wish to be true and sticking them to me because you dislike what I have to say. Simple as that.

That’s a failing on your part. I’m more than willing to refute what you with a tailored response each and every time. Well, at least I was… getting a bit sleepy now. But your proposal that I’m a lazy non-responsive ideologue is based on vapor.

First, you’ve already made the claim that you only report people for ‘abusing the report system’, whatever that means. Second, you can report anybody for anything. Doesn’t mean they’re doing anything wrong, or that they will be actioned for whatever it is you think they’re doing wrong.

TL;DR - If you want to report, then report. But you don’t believe Blizzard is actually reading those reports, so why would you bother?

YOU called me a screeching harpy. What label have I hung on you? Quote it.

Wait, I remember… I called you boring. If there was another, I’m all ears.

Oh… the fact that they don’t read them is a perfectly good reason for me to want to report you derailing my topic. Because, as I’ve proposed in the past, the automated system heavily favors the reporter, and not the reported. So, if that’s true, it would greatly behoove me to report you and preserve my thread from being deleted for being off-topic or whatever nonsense excuse you and your cronies would want to use to flag my thread with.

If you’re implying that I’m using the word “label” to mean an actionable offense (like insults) you’re mistaken. I’m just pointing out the fact that you’re making up things that have no basis in reality and insisting that it applies to me.

Yes.

I think that’s literally their job.

And I think that if someone got lazy about their job and just started approve-approve-approving every report that then got appealed and went to another GM for another review and had the second GM look and say, “Wait, nothing like that happened?” They’d find themselves without a job pretty soon. My source: I am a human being who has been possessed of jobs that primarily depend on reading through high volumes of previous written communication to get the gist and responding with a judgment call.

It’s really not hard at all. I imagine that filters built in to the GM’s toolset do the heavy lifting. Like, if someone reported you for saying something against the TOS in this thread, all they need to do is filter it by everything that you said, because (as previously mentioned) it doesn’t matter what anyone else said or did. Only you. That’s extremely easy to go through. They also have a flag placed in your chatlogs when a report is made so they know about where to look, and pull history from before and after the flag also.

My source: I hang out on the Customer Support forum for fun, and I’ve seen complaints like yours (and also literally yours) about a billion times, and the responses of the Blues. It never ends up going like you think it will.

As you’ve already seen before.

And as I’ve mentioned above, there’s no time when context would matter, because it doesn’t matter what other people say and do when it comes to you being reported. Only what you said and did.

If you factually didn’t break the rule, then a review of the chatlogs by another GM will show that. There’s no context or additional information needed from you. They only apply actions based on the things that you said and did in the game, so all they need to see is what you said and did in the game, something that they can easily pull and look over.

I think you misspelled “Person whose job it is to intervene in items posted to the Customer Support forum as necessary.”

I pulled multiple instances of the claim of outsourcing being refuted because people bring it up a lot, based on whatever makes them feel like they’ll turn out to have been misunderstood and in the right. If you’ve got evidence to the contrary beyond “I bet they do” feel free to share it.

In what way? You and ten friends report a post and all that happens is it’s sorta hidden. Anybody that wants to see it can still click a button and see it. If it doesn’t violate the rules, it will be ‘unhidden’.

No, I’m not implying anything. You said I labeled you. I want you to show me the labels. Me calling you boring is absolutely based in reality, though.

You give the average Joe way too much credit, I’m afraid. Just because you’re a person of integrity doesn’t mean that everyone else is. I guarantee you there are all sorts of people in jobs FAR more crucial and scrutinized then… Blizzard customer support agent that are completely lacking in integrity and get away with it for decades.

You can say that all you want. Context always matters, as others have suggested just in this thread in response to me.

That’s draconian, inhuman, and immoral. And I oppose it.

You’re very naive if you think forum moderators aren’t PR agents for Blizzard. Ghostcrawler iirc, is a perfect example of the opposite being the case.

I don’t personally have any, no. Having said that, I’m not married to the idea.

Me invoking images of bird people to describe your actions at the time is also based in reality :^)

Wait, are you expressing a willingness to ABUSE THE REPORTING SYSTEM in an effort to mete out some sort of vigilante justice? Isn’t that a bit hypocritical given your stated topic of this thread?

1 Like

Now THAT is a good observation. But like I said, it would behoove me, not that I would do it.

But still you made the threat in an attempt to intimidate me, no?

And that’s why they have internal checks and balances. I’m sure there have been times when GM staff messed up. That’s what appeals are for. If you appeal, someone else looks at your case.

There’s nothing required from you for someone else to look at your chatlogs and confirm that the action was justified.

Nah.

:woman_shrugging: Until you Elon Musk Blizzard and set their policies, there’s not really anything that you can do about the fact that they can’t afford to pay people to listen to you make some kind of case that wouldn’t turn out to be relevant anyway, because they dinged you for (for example) using salty words or insulting terms that were clearly shown in your chatlogs, and anything that anyone else did or said to “provoke” or “deserve” it in your opinion was irrelevant.

Is any company that did that paying a living wage though? Because I’ve only seen companies laying people off then paying the remaining people the same as they always have to make even more money.

I don’t know if anyone, including the OP, cares anymore but they’re mistaken. I went through the appeal process ( which funny enough you can do even if you don’t have anything to appeal :rofl: ) and there’s plenty of room to plead your case:

So nothing has changed since 2018.

Probably because he knows that he was already specifically told by a “PR Worker” that there’s no point in pleading your case in an appeal in cases where you’ve gotten an account action for something that is clearly shown in the game’s logs.

Imgur

Not at all. I was merely correcting your argument that you think that from position there’s no logical reason to report someone for derailing my thread. When there clearly is many reasons to do so. But unlike you and people like you, I don’t like to report people unless they prove that they’re more than willing to report me. But even then I still like to keep my moral high ground.

So does the military. And yet I assure you that the military is full of incompetent lazy people who make it through the system anyways. All it takes is GM’s not wanting to get someone fired for making the wrong decision on a report for that system to be rendered useless.

Lol… what?

Except post about my proposals in the forums. Which is what I am doing. And I would argue that allowing people to advocate for themselves would in fact make the system more efficient.

I care a lot. That text box wasn’t available when I went through the battlenet ticket system. At least not when I did it a few months ago. And I find it telling that, when asked repeatedly, how to properly appeal with dialogue, that the GMs that were responding to the tickets never mentioned any of this and simply tried to imply that the appeal system was not meant to present your case and that it merely notifies a GM to re-examine the situation. Which numerous forum GMs have claimed as well. A text box that allows you to actually communicate with them, suggests otherwise.

I suppose I only examined one avenue of report appeal and concluded, based on the words of the Blizzard Staff, that there was no other way.

And now I’m trying to replicate what you did… did you continue past the “Don’t appeal” and “Continue appeal” option? Because I haven’t seen a text box yet and I’m worried that I’m going to actually submit an appeal if I keep going any further. Also is this the in-game interface or on a browser?

Well for future reference, which I hope you won’t need, you don’t have to go that route. When my husband was banned (then suspended) I just did what I shown in that screen shot.

Since that was the only penalty he had or ever had, BLIZZ it was pretty obvious what I was talking about.

What do you mean? What route are you referring to then? Because, like I said, I’m trying to find that screenshot you posted and I’ve reached a page that says “continue or don’t continue” Did you press continue anyways?

The picture I posted.

The emails he received saying his accounts were banned didn’t have an appeal link so I went straight to support and did this:

Just so there’s no question, I am, in fact, more than willing to report you (and have done so) when you breach the forum code of conduct. To call back to an earlier remark, do as your conscience dictates. I’ll take whatever lumps I earn.

If you think so. I’m still taller than you, though.