Boosting should not remove action bars

So I leveled up this character to around 50 before deciding to boost, my action bars were getting pretty nicely organized and filled up and I specifically chose to level up a bit so I could figure out my action bar setup and get a feel for it before I stepped into endgame. And then I boosted… AND EVERYTHING IS GONE! What is the design philosophy behind this? I realize that during the ‘training’ phase, new players get an instructive spoon-feeding on how the abilities work, but there should definetly be an option to skip this step entirely. But more importantly, a character’s action bars should stay intact. It will have no effect on characters who are brand new, and only have a positive effect on people who have already played the character they are boosting. I see no argument anyone could possibly put forth against this proposal. Hopefully in the future, paying 60 dollars to boost your character won’t also require 10 minutes of reconfiguring your entire UI.
Edit: Also, why doesn’t the training phase place abilities on the action bars in roughly the same configuration as they are automatically placed on ones action bars during character creation? For example, for this hunter, I stuck with the 1-5 initial ability config that fresh hunters start our with–it made sense. But now after leveling with this config and getting used to it, the training phase is automatically placing abilitites in an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT LAYOUT than the game initially suggested. It’s just poor design, please fix this entire 60$ experience.

2 Likes

Hmmm I’ve never had this occur and I’ve boosted a few toons. It has been a while, maybe something changed or a bug worked its way in. Or you have a rogue addon.

Interesting, I don’t think Dominos is to blame but it’s certainly possible I suppose. Edit: It really does look like this was intentional, because it has the commander instructing me on the abilities and then they “fly” from my spellbook onto my bars. That’s what I meant when I said they’re being ‘placed’ in a different layout than they originally are when you roll a fresh char.

That’s what you get for boosting :man_shrugging: the new player tutorial still happens and mucks up your talents and action bars.

It’d be nice if they change it, but don’t hold your breath.