Repeated crashes, please help

Hi, I’ve been having frequent crashes since 8.1.5 and have tried different settings between DirectX 11 and 11 Legacy, I can’t find an arrangement that keeps WoW stable.

Seems to happen most when I’m also trying to listen to Pandora in Chrome or listen to Winamp (yes I still have Winamp) while playing WoW. Nothing in particular in-game seems to trigger it.

Could you please take a look at the crash logs? I’m not able to paste a link in this OP, I assume I’ll be given that ability after a reply?

Not seeing too much that that stands out in the crash log. What I would want to look into is a UI reset so we can test with a clean UI. Looks like there’s a few addons running at the moment.

From there let’s grab the updated Nvidia drivers here.

As for links, you can get past the restriction by encasing it in a set of ``` (on the tilde key) like so:
```
Link
```

Thanks. The crash logs always seem to cite that memory issue. Usually that it cannot be “written.” First started having problems on 3/12/19 and they were worse than ever last night.

Installed Nvidia drivers released today and dropping GeForce experience to see if that helps. I’ve seen other users report that streaming Pandora seems to cause their crashes as well.

The memory error is honestly pretty generic and doesn’t tell us too much regarding the issue. If its mainly happening when streaming Pandora on Chrome, we can also look into disabling Hardware Accleration. Some info on that here.

So we’re clear on the issue, does this only happen when you’re streaming pandora or using WinAmp or does it just occur more often when you do those things?

I can’t recall 100% but I think turning music off has kept WoW stable. It’s been crashing again today with the new Nvidia drivers while streaming Pandora in Chrome.

I downloaded Spotify to see how that does, so far stable but haven’t been at it long.

Sure thing, let us know how it goes!

Here’s the readout when I checked for hardware acceleration in Chrome:

Graphics Feature Status

• Canvas: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • Flash: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
  • Flash Stage3D: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
  • Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
  • Compositing: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
  • Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
  • Native GpuMemoryBuffers: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
  • Out-of-process Rasterization: Disabled
  • Hardware Protected Video Decode: Disabled
  • Rasterization: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
  • Skia Renderer: Disabled
  • Surface Control: Disabled
  • Surface Synchronization: Enabled
  • Video Decode: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
  • Viz Service Display Compositor: Enabled
  • WebGL: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • WebGL2: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable

Problems Detected

• Native GpuMemoryBuffers have been disabled, either via about:flags or command line.
    Disabled Features: native_gpu_memory_buffers
  • Skia renderer is not used by default.
    Disabled Features: skia_renderer

So far no crashes with Spotify running instead of Pandora or WinAmp

Still crashing. Installed a brand new GPU and switched over to DirectX 12 and still crashing. It locked up my entire machine the last time.

Never was a problem til 8.1.5 and seeing lots of users with the same problem of the game being unstable since that patch. Is Blizzard acknowledging this as a known issue and working on a solution?

Hey Thebeav,

I took a look at the new crash reports and they don’t appear to be part of any known bugs or anything. It looks like you are getting error 132, which can be caused by several problems.

This is most often caused by old or corrupted addons though. I noticed that you had several running, and many that weren’t enabled during the last crash. Even if these addons are disabled, they can still cause problems as the game has to load the files.

For the purposes of troubleshooting it would be best to do a full UI reset so we can test the game without any custom modifications. If WoW is working normally after that, you can always go back and reinstall the addons. We just need to see what happens without these files.

By way of an update here, I ended up purchasing a new Nvidia GPU that runs DirectX 12 and the problems went away. Nothing I tried of all the recommended fixes resolved the issue with my previous GPU, the behavior continued until I got off DirectX12.