Repair does not finish, reports error, repairs again

…fails again, reports error, repairs again… Launcher is stuck in a loop. I have removed addon, WTF, and cache folder and repair still fails after about 10 minutes and tells me to try again. It won’t let me play at all.

I was directed to this page: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/2667

1. Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.

Only have Windows Defender and it’s a royal pain in the you-know-what to have it completely disabled without having other security program running. WD is automatically updated and was up to date when I checked

1. If you’re using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.

Computer is directly connected to router and modem, no wifi at all

1. Run the repair tool to repair any damaged game files.

This is where I am, and repair keeps failing with the same error code BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 which leads to the web page above. Re-running repair keeps getting stuck in failed-repair again-failed-repair again loop

1. Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.

Direct to internet, no proxy or anything at all.

Anything else? All that’s left is to uninstall and reinstall but with my internet stuck at top of 128Kb (rural area, either DSL or laggy satellite), it’d take me about 50 days to download the whole 70GB. 50 freakin’ days!!! The last physical game disk I got was back in MOP, all expansions were downloaded since then and I doubt MOP disks would be any good for half of the game right now.

Update: after about 50 failed loops, it started downloading 71 GB. Looks like the Launcher determined the whole WOW directory to be corrupt and forced a reinstall.

Any advice before I spend almost 2 months without WOW?

Another edit: I was able to log in while it’s downloading (playable setting) but I had to re-download all of the addons. Addons with various custom settings were wiped clean :frowning: Meaning I have to re-import pet battle rematch and TD files, re-do routes settings, re-build the gatherer addon’s list of gathering mats (herbs and stones) and more. I figure hours of custom editing and optimizing are all lost due to buggy system causing battle.net launcher to completely delete everything to re-downloading.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue

1 Like

same freaking issue here.

1 Like

I had this issue last month. I ended up copying my addon/wtf folder and having to uninstall and reinstall the entire game. Then I replaced the new addon/wtf folder with the original I had. No problems since. All my addons and settings were back.

1 Like

I am having the same problem too. I ran the repair tool because WoW kept crashing… but only on one toon. I used the service to have him moved to Org and it worked for about 10mins and crashed.

The repair tool just keeps trying to fix it over and over.

1 Like