Reopen skyfury,

I’m not compromising my experience because blizzard hastily decided to lock skyfury during the initial hype.

Playing with your friends would compromise your experience?
lol.

Or God forbid playing on a different fresh server that isn’t locked while playing a different class/race/faction. GOD FORBID!

Angerforge was released WAY after I was already level 70 on skyfury. Please think before posting next time, God forbid.

3 Likes

God Forbid have, like I said more than once, a different character and playing something different with your friends. God Forbid.

Better to go Angerforge so y’all can be together . If the server does die in a few months which I doubt . Y’all transfer then. Or do nothing and be split

It’s amusing how many classic andys think that just leveling another toon to play with friends because a server was locked (whether it was warranted or not is moot, it will be fine to unlock now and it’s a turnkey solution if not) is a time viable option for people with real things to do.

They could literally give a 48 hour window to allow character creation for the population with friends that want to roll here and then lock it again if they’re dead set on leaving it locked for the foreseeable future.

I don’t view myself as a classic Andy, I just have zero problem with playing all over again. That’s by far the worst take to classify what a classic Andy is. If you want to wait in queue, that’s on you.

I just offer options that they could do, but those options happen to be a hard pass or don’t want to do it. But I want to point something about this, I do think that blizzard could have solved this issue following retails formula, which is cross-realm sharding/phasing. But the classic Andys don’t want that. They want a more exclusive community bubble.

As for me, I could care less when it comes to wanting to play the game, because if blizzard did what they did, no one would be excluded and it would be an open community, and arguably more social then it is now.

any status updates when unlocks will happen? I have RL friends stranded from joining Sulfurus and we can’t play together. We’ve been looking forward to WOTLK for years and now are getting screwed.

UNLOCK SULFURUS

I don’t feel like Angerforge was really worth making all it really did was trap a bunch of former skyfury players over on a lower pop server. this is how you kill servers, people want to play with as many people as possible they want that experience of everyone rushing the server grouping up with randoms. It makes no sense that i have a fresh characters on both skyfury and angerforge but i cant transfer a fresh character to skyfury there but i have characters on Faeralina and i can transfer them there. makes no sense. Angerforge and skyfury are both fresh servers you should allow transfers between the 2 not just 1 way.

I transferred to Angerforge to assist with the slow and not have the queue .

This server is not nearly as bustling as Skyfury and I regret moving since all my friends are back on Skyfury.

Also,
Odd how the que instantly stopped once the transfers were made available yet the player count on Skyfury stays the same …

Yeah, it sucks. My two brothers are on Skyfury. They have friends on Skyfury. I can’t tell them to come join me on my server. It sucks. I want to play with them, but I can’t. I feel like I’m wasting money being subbed, because I hardly ever play because the idea was to play together.

I guess I’ll just wait until the server opens to re-sub.

They’re probably not going to unlock anything close to launch, give it a week or two - see how the servers look and then unlock if possible

We may still queue on Skyfury for launch, I’m expecting we will - I think alot of people hit cap and prepared somewhat then took a small break to refresh themselves for launch day

what’s actually going to happen is they will be completely hands-off and nothing will happen.

and then in a couple months when the populations of skyfury and angerforge drop some, they’ll just merge angerforge into skyfury. pretty sure that’s why they made angerforge pvp-west as well. prob was the plan all along to merge angerforge if it failed.

2 Likes

cmon blizz this is freaking insane.

I wana play w my friends.

1 Like

Give it time, there may be a large population decrease on fresh servers when wrath comes out when some people return to their main server. I think Blizzard is keeping things locked for the time being in anticipation for this. Then they will make a decision from there.

server will be dead in few weeks if they do nothing now

1 Like

the server has drastically lost so many player it’s time to reopen it

2 Likes

Reopen! Its frustrating they wont even let people know what they are planning with this. Got people waiting to play.

1 Like