Renown without World Quests?

Hello,

I’m returning to wow after a long break. I am freshly at 60 since I level slowly due to family/work obligations.

I’m finding the world quests onerous and the descriptions like, “go see [name]” inaccurate because I go there and it’s a multi-step quest I wasn’t expecting. I know some people enjoy it but it’s just not my thing.

My question is HOW can I gain renown and the required prereqs in order to progress in the story of my covenant without doing any world quests? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Renown can be received through dungeons for catch up purposes, but its not a garauntee. There are quests you will need to do for story purposes, and a few require you to do world quests. You can’t totally avoid them, but you keep those quests and progression from week to week so it will be a bit slower but is doable as far as getting stuff done.

To clarify the quests and progress mean complete x number or world quests not the actual world quests themselves.

1 Like

They don’t seem to have a work around for it. I feel you, share the frustration with the way the system is set up to just…force you to do everything a certain way or you end up falling farther and farther behind. Read the objectives, sometimes running a specific dungeon will spare you having to run across a map through thickly placed mobs and ridiculous layouts with hills and mountains and caves and crap in your way making it even harder to get to objectives. Sometimes though? You’re just plain stuck, Blizz seems bent on serving out game play like riding “It’s a small world” at Disneyland. keep your hands and limbs inside the car and ooo and ahh on que. Heaven forbid they give us open world freedom to level how we like (Without penalties to exp and rep for not staying on the rails) and free access to all forms of the requirements they put down so we can farm when and for how long our busy lives allow us to. They seem committed to making this game into a part time job, and they aren’t a nice boss to work for these days.