Renown is over and dead in 9.2

Just wanted to paint this blue and add a thought. It looks like we mentioned Soulbinds in the video.

We don’t have plans to update Soulbinds in Eternity’s End.

15 Likes

Didn’t make the budget between ripping out emotes and changing art?

15 Likes

Yeah for a moment I thought about this too

So does this mean the soulbinds passives won’t work in mortis?

Yikes

Blue mods aren’t in charge of developing WoW just pass the word

Sorry that you think these community managers are the official developers

6 Likes

Then they should be able to tell us something.

Otherwise their contributions are meaningless.

2 Likes

In the new content, Soulbinds will continue to work as before.

8 Likes

No new super cool powers for my buddy Mikanikos makes me a sad mouse. :sob:

Will there be a balancing pass on the covenant legendaries?

Having all the Brewmaster Monk covenant-specific legendaries be garbage (which they are) hasn’t been a big deal so far. But if our 2nd legendary has to be one of those garbage ones… this is suddenly an issue.

2 Likes

Ironic. :thinking:

5 Likes

Good! I hated it. Felt more like rep than story missions.

2 Likes

All I read was regurgitation.

2 Likes

Is this true?

Please tell me it isnt.

2 Likes

So a new layer on top of the failed systems…and 2x legendaries to multiply the failure by 2.

Looking like a sheetshow ^^

Arenas will die when people realice that arms warriors will dominate so much its no point playign anything else.

Guardian druids will dominate m+ even more.

etc etc etc…

3 Likes

I will say I am willing to see how it goes. Seeing that tier sets will be available through M+ does make me take away some of my reservations for this patch already. I will admit I might have been a little harsh on it on the first glance.

I hope that it will not be a pain in the butt to do on alts and that there will be a catchup to this. Because farming a second renown this is not really renown on all of my characters will not be fun. But reading some of the interviews it might be better than I expected. They need to go back on their legendary decision though.

1 Like

The NF BrM isn’t horrible, it might create slightly better cases of Covenant balance by having less-played covenants leggos be better.
Might be interesting to see in some cases where a 2nd leggo isn’t as good. Would certainly be interesting diversity in that sense

Do you have any other purpose in life besides sitting on these forums crying about a game you claim you’re going to quit but never do? They respond and the first thing you do is jump down their throats. Then y’all complain when they don’t use the forums.

Stop being so embarrassing. For your sake.

4 Likes

In a world where constantly moving mobs around (or yourself around) isn’t necessary, sure. But I doubt we’re going back to vanilla encounter mechanics any time soon. :laughing:

Not even rebalancing?

Even though you can now swap covenants easily, it is not frictionless, and so covenant balance still remains an issue.

Not to mention there are soulbinds which have been dead since the outset of the expansion *cough* Kleia *cough*.

Cool, so instead of the MacGuffins gating the time, instead the GuffMaccins will gate the time. Huge difference, what a relief.

I didn’t honestly expect any different, I just think it’s disingenuous to present it like suddenly we can progress through the story at our own pace instead of through drips and drabs just because the gates are painted a different color and have a different aesthetic.

7 Likes