Renown catchup takes more time and effort than normal gameplay

The renown catchup for alts is generally badly designed. It takes more game time and effort to catch up as an alt, than it does on your main.

For example, my current alt is “stuck” at renown 18. I’ve done over 10 heroic dungeons, 5 BGs, a few mythics, and I got 1 (ONE) renown out of them. All convenant quests are finished, etc. etc.

The problem is the droprate of renown, it’s incredibly low. It takes AGES to catch up when you compare pure time played.

On my main, all I had to do is literally log on once a week after reset, do a few world quests and go briefly in the maw and I was done, unlocking the next covenant quest within 1-2 hours.

The current catchup mechanic requires alts to play a minimum of 5-6hrs of content per renown. This is broken. Fix it. Remove the droprate and make them guaranteed. Otherwise, this isn’t a catch up mechanic.

I completely agree. my main and second main take about 20 mins each renown (maw and anima weekly, then covenant quest), my 3rd toon took about an hour per renown up to 18 this week, and now I am stuck at 18 and have spent the last 12 hours farming dungeons and pvp and mythic keystones with 0 renown in 12 hours. I have no more campaign quests until renown 20, i have no more callings, and no way to get more without endless hours of farming. I even did all 3 wings of LFR in hope i would get one, but didnt. All I am trying to do is cap my cov gear as a starting point as i feel the alt is useless before you can get your set of 197 as everything else is too low a chance to do anything with pug groups as +7 keys that give you 197 gear are asking you to be in 210 ilvl.

1 Like

I’ll put a third on that one. Ended up turning in my weekly quests prematurely to eek out a few extra levels in the story. Way too inconsistent.