Renown Catch Up Mechanic

Hey all,

Can the learned among us please explain to me how this renown catch up mechanic works?
I have recently left Venthyr (22) for Necrolords (currently 10). I have gotten to 10 through the usual quests etc but have come to a screaming halt at 10.
Just got the new set of weekly quests so there’s that, but when they are all done, when/how does the catch up mechanic kick in?

Cheers

From the support page:

You can earn additional Renown through max level gameplay, Dungeons, Raids, PvP, and Callings (the new Emissary Quests), until you reach the current Renown cap.

There is RNG involved in the catchup though, and I’ve seen a wide range of it from some friends catching up 15 renown levels in one day, to other reports of people going days without seeing a renown token.

Just keep doing your thing and you’ll eventually get there!

Thanks Zipster, yeah I heard that as well, however I came here asking the above as I have not seen anything whilst doing any of the above and thought maybe there was something specific I needed to do.

Not exactly the best “catchup” mechanic I’ve seen but yeah…Blizz

Cheers

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/can-we-get-clarification-regarding-renown-catch-up/827165