Renown 15 requirement has been lifted

This will no doubt make a lot of people happy and this will majorly benefit those who have motion sickness.

Yes, I am talking about the pathfinder requirement here now as of today is just story campaign and discovering the zones.

15 Likes

I’m thrilled about the renown being gone. Now if only they would get rid of pathfinder all together and admit it was stupid from the beginning

23 Likes

Source for this?

3 Likes
7 Likes

Upon further review, we’ve decided to remove the Freshscales Fifteen requirement from Dragon Isles Pathfinder. There will be no Renown level requirements. I’ve updated the OP here, and we’re updating the Guardians of the Dream patch notes to reflect this. Thank you for your feedback!

• kaivax
3 Likes

Yay! :slight_smile:

I’m happy about this, i still have quite a lot of rep farming to reach the Forbidden Reach and Zaralek Cavern storylines, but still a good start

Passes out from previous rep grinding*

5 Likes

I’m honestly a little surprised blizz never buffed the flight speed for regular flying in DF. I do think reg flying should be slower than dragonflying, otherwise it defeats the whole point, but feels like it could use at least a tune up.

I personally don’t mind dragon flying, but now I’m kind of adverse to normal flying if it’s going to take 3x as long! Blizz should maybe consider having it be 450% speed in just the dragon isles, the zones are huge, help people get around.

More options are always good, hope the people who wanted it are content!

3 Likes

This seems fair to me. I don’t hate the reknown system, and I’m already >15 on all of the pre-10.2 factions (therefore this change doesn’t affect me). But getting reknown is on the grindy side. My main focus right now is 20 for the alt bonus before I take any alts into the dragon isles.

Reknown 15 is very similar to the Legion/BFA revered requirement with all the factions though (it basically splits the same amount of rep into more levels), so I can see why they originally went that direction.

Reputation is a time commitment, and this would’ve hurt the more casual players, so I’m fine with removing it.

4 Likes

Nah it’s fine. Want fine control? Ride a static mount. Wanna go fast? Ride a dragon.

8 Likes

knew it wouldn’t take long for people to ask for static flying buffs. Lol

7 Likes

I just think it would be nice, I do think more people will ask for it after it goes live though.

I’m pretty locked in to dragon flying, I have a good time with it. But the zones are massive to compensate for the speed we can reach while dragon riding, it will be very noticable for those who choose to reg fly.

But hey, maybe they are fine with that idk! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m genuinely shocked, and will admit I didn’t see this coming. At least not before it went live. Grats to all who actually need PF, this will be as easy as attaining DR now.

7 Likes

Still say getting to use normal flying should of never been stuck behind path Finder …Dragon flying was handed out day 1 with no restrictions at all …no quests to do …no campaign…no rep grind …normal flying should of been given out the same day DF went live.

8 Likes

Amidst all bad decisions and poor implementation of the Hallows End loot this is a nice surprise.

6 Likes

Actually, this change puts flying in WOW EXACTLY in line with flying in FFXIV (currently the top MMO).

Complete all the story questlines. Fully explore the zone, then you can fly.

2 Likes

renown is the longest task. they removed it and its still not enough? lol

god forbid you had to play the game

3 Likes

Yep…right on cue lol

3 Likes

Now for the rest of them like useless storyline quest lines. Dragonriding had no reqs, neither should regular flying. Blizz needs to stop gatekeeping and lying.

3 Likes

About damn time my Druids can fly in their natural flight form and gather herbs in their claws like they have for years now…

4 Likes

Clown. God forbid someone doesn’t like an aspect of a game, you’re wild

3 Likes